Product Designer - MakeMusic
🇺🇸 USA Only
We are musicians, athletes, coaches and teachers who truly believe in our mission to help people achieve their best. Our software platforms connect performers, instructors and creators enabling them to publish, teach and train using the principles of deliberate practice.
You may know us as TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, TrainHeroic and Alfred Music. All these brands are under the Peaksware umbrella. TrainingPeaks develops software for coaches and athletes to track, analyze and plan endurance training. TrainHeroic develops software solutions for the strength and conditioning needs of coaches and athletes. MakeMusic develops software to transform how music is composed, taught, learned and performed. Alfred Music creates and publishes educational music to help teachers, students, professionals and hobbyists experience the joy of making music.
We would love to have you join our ever-growing team! All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of gender, race, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical disability, religion, or length of time spent unemployed.
As a Product Designer, first and foremost, you are a designer. Your designs, guided by qualitative and quantitative research data will set the tone for a cohesive branded experience across our apps. You’ll partner with your team engineering leader and product management from the kickoff of a project to the delivery of value to our customers. Discovering new opportunities and testing our assumptions with designed prototypes narrowing down to laser-focused incremental value delivery.
You are a continuous learner with a hunger for knowledge. You approach challenges as opportunities to improve. You value team members’ input from all levels and you actively seek ways to support your colleagues.
You will be embedded with the Product Team, work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, enabled by the UX Designer, and report to the Sr. Product Manager.
- Explore several diverse design approaches and validate the right solution with prototypes, validation testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
- Work directly with Product Managers to define user problems and produce designs during all stages of the product life cycle — from the discovery of opportunities to the delivery of customer value
- Engaging team communication for conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of the user-centered design process
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to make product and design decisions inducted by research findings, market trends, business goals, and product design sense
- Starting with low-fidelity wireframes and progressing into high-fidelity UI prototypes including design interactions, platform conventions, best practices and design rationale while narrowing down to validated solutions
- Conducting design reviews to communicate interaction design concepts to help define development requirements for the best interactive product experiences
- Evolving visual language and experience elements grounded in visual design principles
- Assisting engineers in shipping high-quality experiences with detailed design specs, design reviews and regular communication
- Collaborate with the broader design team to share feedback, maintain our design system and elevate overall product quality and design execution
- Engage in user research initiatives with UX Designers, using quantitative or qualitative methods and evaluate the usability of design solution
- Minimum of 5 years experience conducting UX research and design
- Working knowledge of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional team members including, the Product Manager, UX Designers, and Software Engineers
- Fluency in product design fundamentals such as, visual design principles, platform human interface guidelines, prototypes, mockups, pattern libraries and the use of industry standard tools, such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Miro, and design systems
- A solid understanding of design systems and style guides
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for mobile and web app platforms.
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Working knowledge of agile and lean design methods/principles for your Product Team
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile and web design challenges
- Degrees are not required and we value all forms of continued education including traditional four-year degrees, post-graduate degrees, associates degrees, bootcamps, online training, professional certifications, self-teaching and more
- Training in visual experience design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition) and motion design concepts
- Experience in designing SaaS products and product led growth
- Passion for music education and experience in EdTech
- The ability to contribute to the growth of the Product Design Team by providing guidance and mentorship
- Working knowledge of industry standard user research and analysis tools such as: UserZoom GO, Optimal Workshop, Maze, and SurveyMonkey
Don’t meet every single requirement? Don’t worry. We still want to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peaksware/MakeMusic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Colorado is $89,541 - $149,236. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to the Performance and Recovery Center (PARC), our on-site fitness facility
- Employee only access to on-site locker rooms and showers
- Employee only access to secure, indoor bike storage
- Access to our onsite Music Studio
- An assortment of “grab’n go” fruit and snacks as well as on tap cold brew, kombucha, and beer.
- Beautiful onsite cafe that includes indoor and outdoor seating and lounge areas.
- Access to e-bikes available exclusively to Peaksware employees
- Significant investment in resources for employee growth and development
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top brand gear
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
This job operates in a professional office environment that is well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned with adequate ventilation and a noise level that is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
All employees must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to your manager and/or Human Resources.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and move about the facility; use hands to handle, or feel; talk by expressing ideas by means of the spoken word; and hear by perceiving the nature of sounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.