Customer Success Associate
🇺🇸 USA Only
Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Bay Area Customer Success Associate at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever moved to another city or town, or even changed countries? Did you manage to do it worry and stress free (no eye rolling or swearing!)? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a new home, sorting out shipping your stuff, organising utilities and bank accounts etc… The list of things to think about goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. Perchpeek was conceived to change that.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our product is a delightful combination of content, tech, customer success & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable.
We’re at the forefront of changes to the workplace as knowledge workers have greater freedom to relocate than ever before. Over the past 12 months we’ve grown incredibly quickly, launching in 20+ countries, growing from 6 to 60+ people and raised both our Seed and Series A rounds from top US and European VC funds - Albion VC, Episode 1 and Stage 2 Capital. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches so... 🎈🎈).
Questions you might be thinking...
What role does the Customer Success Team play?
From the moment one of our movers decides to work with Perchpeek, to after they’ve settled into their new home, our Customer Success team are responsible for working with them to understand their relocation requirements and then supporting them on their journey.
What can this look like?
Everything from supporting their home search by recommending properties and scheduling viewings, to contract negotiations, to helping them get set up with a new bank account, shipping their possessions or helping their beloved dog join them in their new home. Plus everything else in between that you can imagine somebody needs to settle into a new home.
How do they provide this support and guidance?
We support customers through 3 main mechanisms:
- Sharing relevant content to their move i.e. what’s involved in shipping your household goods
- Directing them to trusted service providers and partners i.e. shipping providers
- Providing human support and guidance i.e. guidance on which shipping partners can best meet their needs
All of this is delivered by the PerchPeek app and it’s inbuilt chat functionality.
What's the core objective for this role?
Ensure relocators using the PerchPeek app have a stress-free relocation experience and settle into a new home without a hitch. This can be achieved by consistently executing on the customer experience to the highest standards.
Key Attributes & Skills to Demonstrate
Upholding and demonstrating the PerchPeek values is crucial to creating the customer experience and team culture that will lead you to succeed for your customers.
- Customer Obsessed: Since it’s our number one value, we wanted to reiterate it here. This is especially important in this role because it’s crucial that you have the customer’s needs at the heart of your thoughts and actions every day.
- Organised & Efficient: Prioritise your time and your relocators effectively so that you achieve balance in the day and address key matters.
- Communication: This should be eloquent, concise and tailored to the specific relocator. You should reflect your understanding of the customer in how you interact and communicate with them. You should always aim for proactivity, but in times of reactivity respond quickly.
- Relentlessly Focused on Delivery: Things move quickly at PerchPeek, but even faster for our relocators so you should relish challenges and demonstrate a strong natural instinct to drive things to completion.
- Detail Oriented: Keep an eye on the details of a move and work with relocators to understand their needs and feedback and then translate this into accurate recommendations.
- Adaptable: Display comfort in ambiguous situations and be confident in working through unknowns and difficult situations with your relocators and by leveraging your Customer Success Manager. Be resilient in instances of failure to learn and apply it to the next relocator.
- Bay Area, CA Specific Knowledge: You have recent experience living in the Bay Area and possess extensive city & neighborhood knowledge and so would feel comfortable guiding movers on the ins and outs of living in this unique place.
- Highly autonomous and confident at thriving in a 100% remote environment. (We know it's not for everybody so please consider carefully if it's right for you)
What are the PerchPerks?
- Salary - between $30-35k based on experience and location.
- 20 days Annual Leave + Public Holidays - so that when you’re working you’re charged up and bringing your all
- Work From Anywhere - Perchpeek is a remote first company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable.
- Recharge days - take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access - because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Socials and an annual reTREAT - time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care)
- Perch Merch - company branded goodies, and of course free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too