Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Product Designer role at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it up nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever moved to another city or town, or even changed countries? Did you manage to do it worry and stress free (no eye rolling or swearing!)? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a new home, sorting out shipping your stuff, organising utilities and bank accounts etc… The list of things to think about goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. Perchpeek was conceived to change that.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our product is a delightful combination of content, tech, customer success & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable.
We’re at the forefront of changes to the workplace as knowledge workers have greater freedom to relocate than ever before. Over the past 12 months we’ve grown incredibly quickly, launching in 20+ countries, growing from 6 to 60+ people and raised both our Seed and Series A rounds from top US and European VC funds - Albion VC, Episode 1 and Stage 2 Capital. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches so... 🎈🎈). We start with helping customers decide where to live and only finish when they are settled into their new home and community.
Here’s a more detailed overview of the Product Designer role:
As a Product Designer you will be working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Content Creators to deliver and ship the best platform in the industry. You will be part of strategic activities like design groups, product ideation and design system development. An opportunity that will allow you to be highly involved in the whole design process, whilst have responsibility for multiple activities and phases.
A couple of additional areas to note:
- We are a remote first Company and so predominantly you’ll be able to work wherever you’d like. However, you may occasionally be required (quarterly) for wider team retreats.
- As a young Startup, we want you to contribute to other areas that interest you too. “Think Big’ is one of core values, so you’ll have the opportunity to drive the business forward in areas beyond Product too.
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Customer Obsessed: Since it’s our number one value, we wanted to reiterate it here. This is especially important in this role because it’s crucial that you have the customer’s problems at the front of mind when considering how our product can support them
- 3 years + of Designer experience, ideally within a start up/Scale up environment
- Someone with great taste and we’re not talking restaurant recommendations, although an added bonus!
- A desire to be part of how an organisation looks, feels and behaves – We’re talking to you, the creatives of the world!
- Someone who cares about how their work is perceived.
- You are not easily influenced by inward views and see the world as a big community
- Design: You have a strong sense of design & enjoy working in a Design focussed organisation
- Experience in working in a small but growing Product Team
- Ability to undertake and follow process as a way to develop further
- Experience in cross-platform design system maintenance with tools like Storybook and Zeroheight (or similar)
- Experience in working in squads or design sprints to produce beautifully accurate UI screens, views and assets for engineering teams using Figma (or AdobeXD) & Zeplin
- Comfortable in speaking to users with experience in research & testing
- Experience in communicating your ideas using Notion & Miro or similar
- Added bonus if you also have;
- An understanding of web/mobile development
- Knowledge of service design
- An understanding of design thinking
- Experience of other design fields and methods
The Perchy Perks?:
- Unlimited holidays
- Annual £1.4k learning & development budget - so you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of your core role
- Working From Anywhere - Perchpeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable. Everyone gets an allowance to ensure their working environment suits them - wherever in the world you’d like that to be!
- Recharge days - take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access - because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) - Socials, team days and an annual reTREAT
- MerchPeek - free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and other parrot themed SWAG of course!
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too
Ready to be a Perchy?
Then please share your CV asap…
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful, you’ll be invited for a quick video call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, then we’ll be doing a series of interviews with different members of our teams before making our final decision. All interviews will be conducted remotely via video call.
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you - Good Luck!
We are open to applications from a range of candidates. We are particularly interested in those that have a background in consulting, programme management or business operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability - we want to hear from you.