Software Engineer 1 (Junior Automation Engineer)
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Title: Junior QA Automation Engineer
Department: R & D
Reports To: Manager, Engineering
PERSONIFY AND OUR PHILOSOPHY
When work is challenging and rewarding it shouldn't feel like work.
That's why at Personify we make it a priority to ensure our employees have work/life balance, our offices are fun environments, and the teams we build are made up of people who not only work hard but play hard too!
We're growing! And we're looking for talented people to join our team. Personify is one of the most diversified and fastest growing providers of technology solutions to the association, chamber, non-profit, higher education, and corporate markets. Our platform of integrated software solutions enables our clients to fulfill their important missions by acquiring, engaging, and retaining organization members, charitable donors, event attendees, and more.
Personify is large enough to set the industry standard for quality products, client support, and growth, yet we still have that entrepreneurial spirit. We love new people, new thinking, and better ways of doing things. And we operate in diverse, growing, dynamic cities: Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto. Take control of the wheel, shift your career into a higher gear, and enjoy the ride!
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
As a member of the Research and Development team, the Junior QA Automation Engineer will be primarily responsible for ensuring quality products are delivered to the organization. The candidate will need to collaborate with other software engineers, product owners and designers to understand business requirements and develop manual and automated test cases and execute test scenarios to ensure we are delivering high quality code. It will require good understanding of testing & automation skills, .Net framework. We are using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
Confer with product owners and designers to understand business requirements, limitations and capabilities
- Identify test scenarios and create Functional test cases based on User Stories, User Cases and Requirements and execute these against the product to ensure verification coverage of software requirements
- Document defects with details and diagnostic information and track and verify these to closure
- Collaborate with development team to ensure defects are resolved
- Create and maintain suites of automated test scripts
- Build automation framework, creating end to end automation tests at scale
- Interface with automation engineers to identify and prioritize areas for significant efficiency gains through test automation, while also routinely involved in automated test execution.
- Implement automated tests (unit tests) to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
- Participate in and contribute to Release planning, Scrum activities such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Work closely with developers, product owners etc. to deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Be passionate about learning new solutions, technologies, and skills and driving software quality
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledgeable in technologies such as Selenium, TestNG, and Mocha
- 1+ years of experience in automated testing
- Good knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Good with manual and automated Test Case creation and execution
- Good with defect tracking systems. (Preferably JIRA)
- Have a good understanding of system development life cycles.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on thoroughness and details.
- Passionate about the work, proactive work ethic, and a highly motivated attitude to provide excellence in software quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good experience in testing web-based software solutions (both front end and back end services)
- Good knowledge of Database Queries (Preferably on SQL Server)
- Hands-on experience with AWS platform, understanding of its capabilities and limitations
- Experience with build and maintenance of pipelines for CI/CD (TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Experience with trade show, conference, and event management industry
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
If you are fulfilled by empowering organizations that are trying to make a difference in the world, and enjoy a work environment where your co-workers have your back and transparency is a must, then Personify might just be the place for you!