Title: Data Engineer
Location: UK Remote
About Petlab Co
Petlab Co. is the world’s fastest-growing pet supplement business. Launching in 2018, Petlab Co. is currently on track to drive over $120m in sales in 2022 without any external funding. They have a loyal community of over 120,000+ pets and over 250 thousand owners have had their lives positively impacted by innovative Petlab Co. products. Petlab Co. is a vibrant, fast-moving, and customer-centric team who value and reward high performing players. It is an ideal place for a candidate who is ambitious, hardworking, loves animals, is looking to rapidly progress their career, and would enjoy working in a vibrant environment with smart co-workers and friendly office dogs!
A Day In The Life…
Reporting to the Head of Data you’ll join a small but growing team of highly talented engineers in which you will be key in growing Petlab Co.’s data engineering capabilities. You’ll have plenty of autonomy and flexibility in your role with plenty of opportunity for growth and development. You’ll also take on the responsibility of mentoring one of our junior high-flying engineers.
We move and think fast so it’s important that you are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to support the team in every way possible. This role is fully remote within the UK however we do have a really cool office space in central London if you do want to visit. If that sounds exciting - we would love you to join our pack!
Your day to day will look a little bit like this…
- Improve and optimise our custom API connections (*Most are managed by our modelling software, Y42, but we do have some containerised custom connections (Amazon, ShipBob, Aftership).
- Model our source data into a data warehouse that supports the use cases of the wider business (Star Schema/Dimensional modelling).
- Support our new Snowplow implementation, ensuring we maximise on its benefits for the business.
- Design and implement data quality monitoring systems.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to understand how engineering can better support colleagues.
- Assist in the management and optimisation of our cloud environment (GCP).
- Help lead a transition to an IAAC (Terraform) cloud environment.
What You Need…
- At least 2 years working as a Data Engineer
- Proven history of pipeline management
- Proven abilities to code (Send us your Github if you have one!)
- Desire to lead from the front and think on their own two feet
- Understanding of dimensional modelling
- A grasp of IAAC concepts
- Excellent SQL and Python
- Experience with Cloud (Ideally GCP)
- Data vis
The Good Stuff…
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days + public and bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours – We focus on results and trust people to manage their time, whether working from home, while traveling, or in the office!
- Company Equipment – Laptop issued to you so you're all set from day 1.
- Get Your Read On – We love to promote and encourage personal & professional development so we couldn't be happier to buy books of your choice via amazon or pay for audible subscription .
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme – contributions towards your pension scheme!
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Leave – because time with new family members is important!
- Puppy Therapy – working in partnership with Paws in Work to provide a boost of oxytocin every quarter.
- Cycle2Work Scheme – Government initiative which offers a cost-effective way to buy new cycling equipment.
- Discount Vouchers & Gym Memberships – get discounts at a whole range of retailers and gym memberships through our provider, Sodexo.
- Free breakfast, fruits and snacks – refuel and revitalise with free munchies in the office.
- Environment – dogs are welcome!
Petlab Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability. We believe that diversity is at the heart of innovation and we welcome passionate candidates form all backgrounds. Come join the family and see for yourself!
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved