🇺🇸 USA Only
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
Do you have strong computer skills (programming not required) and want to work in a fast-paced environment for a growing software firm managing data for the mutual funds industry? Must have good verbal and written skills, good critical thinking skills, professional approach and be excellent at Internet and telephone research. Position is available immediately and is based in San Rafael, CA. The team is working remotely at this time but we are anticipating returning to the San Rafael office when deemed safe to do so. Please be within reasonable commuting distance of San Rafael, CA.
Our Company offers services to its clients who prefer to outsource the tasks associated with maintaining a clean database. Information feeds from Transfer Agents and other intermediaries may not contain sufficient information for the sales or asset records to be identified and processed. The Data Steward assists with reviewing, researching and resolving errors or missing data so that the information will be available in our platform which is named MARS.
Job description: Daily review and validation of Firm/Office/Rep information received by the MARS system from 3rd party providers, to ensure that the data is accurate and complete.
- Resolve errors in incoming transactions
- Resolve trades and assets to firm, office and rep levels
- Add, move and merge firms/office/rep as necessary
- Perform bulk data imports into our clients’ databases by researching, compiling, correctly formatting and importing spreadsheets and importing them according to our procedures.
- Research to obtain correct information, including contacting intermediaries by phone or email.
- Maintain transaction, product, social and other codes
- Work cooperatively with other team members and client personnel
- Job hours are on early shift, Monday to Friday
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Prior financial services experience, relevant business experience and/or data analysis experience
- Familiarity with firm, branch and rep structure is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented – this is essential.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.