Front End Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Front End Engineer Job Description
Pillar4 Media is seeking a Data Engineer to join its fast-growing team.
As a member of the Engineering team, you'll work closely with senior leadership and other team members to develop and maintain Pillar4's data architecture.
Pillar4's mission is to help people live their best days, starting with their best night's sleep. Our vision is to build the #1 content and commerce engine connecting consumers directly to the best brands in all four pillars of health and wellness: sleep, fitness, nutrition, and mental health.
What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Software Engineer, the Front End Engineer will:
- Work on large scale WordPress projects
- Work on large scale applications that integrate with 3rd parties and partners
- Work with engineering and business teams to plan and execute on long-term data architecture suitable for Pillar4's reporting applications
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs
- You will be responsible for crafting robust, beautiful, usable interfaces for the users of our products and our client's projects
- Build and maintain high-quality, efficient code using CI-CD pipeline and version control
- Design and build features that are performant, accessible and steeped in the best practices of modern front end development
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings
What You Bring
- One to three years of work experience in front end / web development
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Core Web Vitals
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and scalable UI/UX solutions
- High degree of comfort in working with CSS/SASS/LESS.
- Desire for a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Competitive drive and a hunger to learn
What We Look For
- Openness to feedback and collaboration: You'll be working closely with folks across different teams, so you'll need to be open to the process and accepting of feedback and critique.
- Strong communication skills: You'll have the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, report up to internal stakeholders, and foster strong alignment with your team.
- Alignment with Pillar4's culture: We live by our values and expect our team to buy in.
- Act with focus
- Get after it
- Grow without limits
- Build the team
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Our team members act like entrepreneurs in that we are incredibly driven, agile, goal-oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
Why You Should Join Us
- Results: Pillar4 has built the #1 digital media company in the sleep health and hygiene space and is profitably expanding into fitness, nutrition, and mental health verticals.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of ‘forever,' and have significant cash to invest.
- Exposure: You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed hundreds of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Market landscape: The $4 trillion health and wellness market is a highly relatable industry that is transforming. There's no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning: We are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Impact-focused: Opportunities to take part in our quarterly initiatives with organizations like Beds for Kids and The Green Chair Project and help respond to the critical needs of our local communities.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. At Pillar4, you'll have access to competitive benefits, including health insurance, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, and cell phone reimbursement.
Who We Are
Launched in 2017, Pillar4 Media operates a portfolio of websites that help consumers live their best days, starting with their best night's sleep. We aim to educate consumers about whole body health and wellness and help them make better, faster purchase decisions to improve their health.
We also partner with the leading direct-to-consumer brands in our markets to grow their businesses online. Our current portfolio includes the following:
- Mattress Advisor, launched in 2017
- Mattress Nerd, acquired in 2018
- Sleepopolis, acquired in 2020
- Mattress Clarity, acquired in 2020
- The Fit House, launched in 2021
- Garage Gym Reviews, acquired in 2021
- Partnerships with large media brands
Pillar4 has operations in Charlotte, Raleigh, NYC, and Austin with remote teammates stretching to Denver and Portland.
One Better Ventures (OBV) is an investor in Pillar4. OBV is a consumer-focused venture capital firm focused on creating sustainable businesses that do good in the world. OBV is led by the former management teams of Burt's Bees and Seventh Generation.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check