3 to 5 years
RoleManagement and Finance
All Pinnacle EMS remote workers must reside in one of the following states: Arizona; Florida; Illinois; Massachusetts; North Carolina; Hawaii; or Texas.
Pinnacle EMS is a full service management consultant group specializing in, but not limited to, administrative support, environmental claims processing, geospatial data support, and client advocacy.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to plan, execute and direct the accounting activities of the department. This position reports to the VP of Operations and CEO/President.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees general accounting department systems, policies, practices, and procedures. Responsible for managing of accounting staff and overseas the daily workflow of the department.
• Responsible for overseeing the processes and ensuring accuracy of account receivables, account payables, financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
• Oversees the production of periodic financial and business activity reports and budgets; including setting and tracks organization KPIs, Profit and Loss Statements, measures ROI, present new value, burden rates and other measures of a health of a business. Ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
• Responsible for tax preparation and planning throughout the fiscal year; along with the annual corporate tax return in partnership with CPA.
• Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
• Evaluates accounting processes and systems and implements optimizations.
• Reviews, negotiates, and administers vendor contracts, and purchase orders, ensuring best pricing, completes cost comparisons.
• Presents recommendations to Executive team on short- and long-term financial objectives, strategies and policies
• Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on finance, client pricing decisions, and client contract negotiations.
• Responsible for accounts receivable management.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in the accounting profession; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement process and policy changes.
• Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for account receivables, account payables, financial reporting, billing, collections, and budget preparation.
• Responsible for working with Human Resources with staffing accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
• Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Expert QuickBooks knowledge, with 3 years of experience, and with skill in integration with outside HRIS/Payroll Software.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and ability to learn proprietary in-house systems and client relationship management systems MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access with emphasis on strong Excel skills).
• Knowledgeable of HRIS, payroll software, Paylocity preferred.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent financial management and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to this position.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related degree required.
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
• Five years or more of accounting management experience required.
• Experience with review of client contracts, competitive market analysis for services provided by vendors, and vendor negotiations
• Experience AP/AR management.
• Experience working in Professional services organization and billable labor hours and job costing.
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K with Safe Harbor Contribution
Schedule Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm EST
Salary Range - $50,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience