Remote Director of Engineering - Digital Commerce Agency, Remote
Anywhere in the World
We are Knit Agency, formally known as Pixel Union Agency. We are a creative team dedicated to building innovative solutions that accelerate digital commerce. Our services are focused on taking a holistic approach to each project. We go in-depth in the discovery process, and tailor our work to each individual project. No two clients are the same, and that's what we love about being a part of the Knit team.
Big picture stuff: we are part of WeCommerce Holdings and are looking for the leader to help us grow! So if you are looking to be part of something truly remarkable, let's chat!
- Drive excellence in project delivery, creating, designing and building a world class team and ensuring technical components of the overall corporate strategy are achieved
- Work with the CEO to establish a vision and strategic direction for the development and technology team
- Develop all technology processes within Knit and ensure successful delivery of projects
- Recruit, train, and retain a world class development and technology team
- Enable and prepare development team to stay current and cutting edge with experience of the platforms we support, including identifying emerging technology trends and opportunities for Knit to explore
- Collaborate with other departments ensuring world class solutions are brought to market and the development and technology team is driving outcomes to support the growth of the business
- 7+ years of experience in product designing and leading technology and development
- 5+ years of experience in leading a team
- Hands-on expertise in various technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all areas in between
- Experience delivering client focused, innovative solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical skills, collaborative problem-solving ability, and attention to detail
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication
If you have these skills that's a huge plus!
- Experience working with Shopify in any capacity
- Experience in project delivery of the ecommerce products
- Working in an agency setting
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around fun, good people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
- Competitive base salary
- 100% company paid Health & Dental coverage
- Up to 4% matching for RRSP or 401K contributions
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Up to 90% paid parental leave top-up (up to 17 weeks)
- End of year paid time off (in addition to generous vacation time)
- Learning development budget
- Monthly remote allowance
- Paid volunteering time
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
*Benefits may vary slightly based on country.
We encourage you to apply!
We are a remote-first work environment and leverage our online resources to collaborate and connect. As long as you have a strong internet connection, we'll ensure you've got the equipment and resources you need to flourish on our dynamic team! We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace.
Please note that due to the nature of client-facing work in an Agency setting, we will be filling this position within the Americas (maximum four hour time difference from Pacific Time). We look forward to hearing from you!
Knit is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.