8 to 10 years
RoleManagement and Finance
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce with roots in France. From the onset, our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
A collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
As Director, Finance, you will be responsible for the accounting and reporting activities of all of our legal entities. You will manage an international team mainly located in France and in the US as well as local CPA. This role reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer.
We are looking for an experienced professional who demonstrates the ability to implement and maintain closing processes to issue Financial statements and reporting of high/IPO standard quality. A team player who is high-energy and hands-on yet strategic leader who can oversee the tools and processes to drive change and help us scale for the future.
You will thrive and expand your skills as the group grows and expands in new countries and/or complete M&A transactions.
You can either work remote or from our office in Paris, France. We have a preference for applicants located West-Europe or East-North America but will consider applicants from other locations.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Manage the accounting and reporting team
- Supervise the quarterly and annual accounting and reporting closing of our different legal entities
- Supervision of VAT and other tax returns
- Establish the monthly IFRS Consolidation including complexe eliminations, fx and share-based payment entries
- Maintain our SaaS KPI reporting
- Establish and improve current accounting policies, systems and processes in line with the company's objectives
- Contribute to our Lead-to-cash system implementation
- Lead our budgeting and reporting tool implementation
What you bring
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- 8 to 10 years of experience in accounting and reporting
- 5 years in an international environment
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and / or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Solid tooling skills, including MS Excel / Google sheet
- Knowledge and understanding of leadership fundamentals, and ability to plan and organize, and to align performance for success, and continuous improvement. Prioritizes a positive work environment and successful employee experience.
- Management experience - Experienced in supervising, managing and motivating team members daily. Values collaboration and creates an environment that fosters innovation, trust and encourages their team to deliver top notch services.
- Very good level of English
Nice to have
- Knowledge with Netsuite
- Experience in Lead to cash system implementation
- Experience in Budgeting tool implementation
- Experience operating in high growth environments, ideally in the technology/SaaS industry
- French and German GAAP
- French language
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams. Work from home or from our Paris office, we have it all.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to adjust to occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late afternoon meetings if you live in Europe. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US $300 a year
- Professional development budget of US $800.
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US $3,000 at hire, (A computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender.) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange - get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away, and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees.
- Company wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we're not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Remote working/flexibility.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only).
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only).
- Company shares (discretionary).
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers.
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers during the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our product
A unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform with which to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.