Remote Sr. HR Generalist Consultant
Anywhere in the World
RoleAll Other Remote
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
The Sr. HR Generalist acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Administer Playco's human resources policies and programs, balancing employee advocacy and business operating needs.
- Promote equity, fair treatment, and positive employee relations and ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Develop new and/or existing HR tools, policies, procedures, and practices; make recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Assist HR Generalist with benefits open enrollment as well as auditing benefit invoices for accuracy
- Work to promote an innovative and creative culture where employees can achieve high levels of job satisfaction and productivity.
- Manages employee onboarding activities for all team members to deliver the best experience that fosters a positive attitude toward studio goals.
- Work closely with our legal department to coordinate immigration efforts for team members.
- Assists Sr. HR Director with offboarding including preparation of separation notices and related documentation; and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Maintains accurate electronic history files for employees, contractors and team members of our EOR.
- Involved in solving complex HR-related issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of broad HR knowledge and experience.
- Experience with HRIS management including enhancing systems for maximum productivity.
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and immigration.
- This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively within creative teams.
- Proven record delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees.
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with own team and other teams.
- Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- High degree of business acumen; results oriented with an ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Startup experience.
- Experience with any of the following tools: ADP Workforce Now, Lattice, Lever, Asana and Notion.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.