Remote Staff Front End Engineer
Anywhere in the World
As a Staff Front End Engineer at Playful Software, you will play a pivotal role in building out the initial platform and MVP release of our product. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with startup veterans to build a product from the ground up in a fun, productive environment.
What to expect:
- Work on the first version of the product platform with founders and the team
- Execute on building scalable and reliable front-end applications
- Work closely with engineers and designers to create a joyful user experience
- Participate in regular design and code reviews
- Make broad contributions to the website and/or mobile application
- Contribute to the overall direction of the company
- Extensive experience creating front-end software for public-facing products.
- Very helpful if you have extensive React experience
- You have 6+ years of professional front-end web development experience.
- Experience with browser-based applications on mobile
- Typescript experience or experience with other strongly typed languages required
- A love for making beautiful user experiences
- Golang experience is desirable (our backend is in go)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a startup environment, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Must reside in and be able to work in the US
We offer great insurance for you and your family, flexible vacation time, 401k, co-working stipend and much more.
Led by two seasoned entrepreneurs with engineering and business backgrounds, we are creating a team with a strong design and UX orientation. We value blending design and engineering innovation to create fun and delightful experiences.
We have done this before. We know how to build highly effective teams and a company culture that is a joy to be part of on a daily basis. We believe that to create fun and engaging experiences we need to have a lot of fun building them.
We pay full-time salaries and offer competitive health benefits. We value diversity across all dimensions and keep reasonable hours. Playful Software is in-person in Seattle and remote everywhere.
Our hiring process
Our interview process is a straightforward, behavioral interview about your past experiences, interviews with the founders and key staff, and meeting with our whole team. We value design and engineering excellence, product insight, eagerness for growth/impact, and the communication skills and empathy to collaborate well with a tight-knit team.
Darrin Massena and Mike Harrington are passionate about making software that is fun and easy to use. Darrin and Mike have built successful teams and startups from gaming to productivity and have roots in the game industry. Mike co-founded Valve Software and Darrin co-founded Spiffcode. Darrin and Mike teamed up to create the award-winning online photo editor, Picnik, which was acquired by Google in 2010.