🇺🇸 USA Only
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer that is both eager to work with innovative technologies and experienced enough to help drive them towards mature and stable operation. As a DevOps Engineer with PointClickCare, you will be given tremendous opportunity to innovate and contribute your ideas. We believe strongly in self-organization, mentoring, and sharing of knowledge and expertise. If you are interested in Kubernetes and container-based deployments, if you are comfortable working alongside developers and system administrators alike, if you want to join a team working to eliminate avoidable risk in the healthcare system and improve the health outcomes of people using it, we want to talk to you.
Who you’ll work with:
You will be part of our growing team of top engineers with the ability to directly impact the success of the organization. You'll be a part of the DevOps team reporting to the DevOps Team Lead and working alongside our other DevOps Engineers. You'll work day to day with the Software Engineering team as well as our IT team.
What you'll be doing day to day:
· Managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in support of development teams deploying and promoting microservices across environments
· Maintaining a stable, efficient build pipeline that minimizes the time required to bring code enhancements and new functionality to our customers
· Configuring, deploying, and monitoring supporting backend technologies (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra, et. al.) as introduced and required by new services
· Working to improve operations and process to enable developers to fully own and successfully operate the services they are introducing
· Automating all the things: to ensure stability, efficiency, and consistent reproducibility across our operating environments
· Participate in the on call rotation.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or another hard science and equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional experience, some former development and/or system administration experience is highly preferred
· Experience with build/deploy pipeline management and Puppet (or similar: ansible, salt stack)
· Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
· General familiarity with working in a Linux server environment
· Scripting proficiency: bash, python, et. al.
· Evident appreciation for the value of automation when managing complex software systems
· Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, or comparable CM tools
· General experience familiarizing oneself with the deployment and operation of new software systems: e.g. application servers, reverse proxies, databases, and the like
· Knowledge of best security practices and the discipline to consistently maintain them in all facets of one's work
What success would look like in this role:
· Integrating well with the team
· Assuming responsibility for managing deployments
· Aiding in the buildup and configuration of infrastructure
· Creative problem solving while working within security guidelines
· The ambition to learn and implement new technologies
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
For more information on PointClickCare, please visit us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact [email protected] should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.