Project Controls Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
About the Opportunity
The Project Controls Manager will assist in the develop and institute practical cost control tools and best practices that provide accurate and timely financial data to management, project success executes, sales, and the finance and accounts department. Responsible for training, developing and mentoring project cost analysts in the use of tools and practices, so that they can aggressively protect or improve Powin's project margins through intelligent decisions based on accurate cost data.
- Established accounting timetables routinely and timely produce monthly Project Cost Reports in NetSuite, and work together
with Project Success Executives to include:
- Forecast costs to complete based on actual cost to date as provided by accounts dept
- Maintain accurate committed cost to date
- Capture change orders and adjust Planned Budget Cost
- Compare actual cost to planned and analyze effect on project margins,
- Provide explanations for variances to budget and provide documentation to substantiate the explanation o
- Make recommendations accordingly to recover or improve project earnings
- Ensure the finance and accounts department is provided with correctly coded, accurate cost schedules that can be readily incorporated into financial statements and presentations
- Consults with department and division heads in the formation of project controls policies
- Develop & maintain project cost estimate tools to ensure that it simply and adequately identifies the scope of work and adequately captures project cost build-up
- When requested provide labor and material cost data and estimates to the sales team derived from actual project cost data current at the time sales are bidding project sales
- Act as a resource to sales to support the review of project cost data and scope identification and ensure that other construction specialists are consulted as required
- Support project success executives in the estimating of project change orders
- Supports development of Project Controls standards and procedures. Supervises and supports the compilation of historical data.
- Manage all project reporting, incorporating own cost data together with cost data obtained from Finance and other appropriate departments, and forecast all costs to complete.
- Take ownership of the process of recovery of internal unplanned project costs resulting from NCR's, TQI's, and ECO's.
- Develop and institute Standard Operating Practices for the identification, estimating, recording, tracking, categorization, quantifying, and invoicing of cost claims. Work with project and field staff to produce supporting documentation
- Bachelor's degree or better. Preferably in Cost Engineering, Construction Management or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 10 years project controls experience
- Minimum 5 years in management, leadership role with “Hands On” experience
- Experience with NetSuite or other Large ERP is preferred
- Excellent written, communications, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills required