PR Account Manager
RoleManagement and Finance
Praytell is looking for an ambitious PR/Integrated Account Manager based in Australia to help lead category shifting creative comms for brands that matter and clients that get it.
As PRWeek’s North American Agency of the Year (2020) and Best Place to Work seven years running, Praytell is built on the spirit of ambition - ambitious people, ambitious ideas and ambitious partners. Every day we work together on a diverse range of clients delivering big creative ideas, earned media smarts, strategic nous and best-in-class collaboration.
Since launching in 2021, our Australian team is growing…fast! So, if you’re passionate about a flexible, inclusive workplace, working for leaders who care and making your mark in an industry long overdue for a shakeup, we’d love to hear from you. Some of the things that make Praytell a great place to work:
- Opportunity to work on global brands and collaborate with our 150-strong (and growing!) team across Australia, the U.S. and the U.K.
- An ambition to effect change in the industry, focused on flexible working policies and inclusivity
- Access to our Wellness Fund, which focuses on your long term health and happiness
- Unlimited vacation (we track accrued 4 weeks PTO and public/company holidays, but once PTO is exhausted, we honor unlimited time off with advanced approval according to our leave policy)
- Genuine flexibility for you to work how and wherever you get your best work done.
As an Account Manager you will be:
- Supporting integrated communications needs such as earned-first creative and PR strategy, content development, thought leadership, product and campaign launches, partnerships, project management and more
- Acting as a day to day contact for clients across our diverse brand portfolio, cultivating long term relationships by generating excellent results, managing challenges and working with the team to bring proactive ideas to the table
- Driving media relations efforts across a diverse mix of clients and categories (consumer and corporate experience a plus, a sharp perspective on the media landscape a must!)
- Brainstorming fresh ideas with the broader team to deliver creative solutions for our clients
- Demonstrating your exceptional writing and editing skills as the first point of call for media materials and client comms
- Ensuring campaigns stay on-schedule, in-budget, and hit set KPIs. Using your excellent organisational skills to help ensure we always exceed client expectations.
- Working closely with senior team members to track portfolio health, account planning, strategy, execution and allocations.
- Participating in new business development, culture and programming, and helping shape our agency’s ambitions in Australia and beyond.
Experienced: You have at least three years of public relations, communications, and/or related experience - ideally within an agency environment. You’ve got a knock out track record of delivering integrated campaigns, big ideas and big results. You have a sharp perspective on how to cut through the clutter with earned-first creative thinking and smart media strategies – and know how to get ideas off the whiteboard and into the world. You’re a superstar when it comes to teamwork, and develop strong relationships with your clients, media and colleagues.
Ethics and Integrity: You approach all work ethically and honestly, setting an example for your team mates. You do the right thing, even when it’s not the easiest option.
Curiosity: You’re a curious person, dig in, interrogate assumptions, ask questions and are committed to understanding our clients’ businesses.
Flexible & Adaptable: You’re willing to jump in and help others no matter the task! Being part of a growing global team means epic opportunities for collaboration — and sometimes, joining the odd call across time zones (we try to make this the exception not the rule, with a flexible working environment to ensure balance!).
Excellent Communicator: You’re able to synthesize complex ideas and connect them to opportunities and solutions. You can think on your feet and communicate effectively under tight deadlines and senior stakeholders.
Relationship Builder: You strive to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others including colleagues, clients, vendors, and media. You work collaboratively with teammates and peers across departments.
Proactive Problem Solver: You can see hiccups before they happen and know that being proactive keeps clients happy and employees engaged. You stay informed and think creatively whenever possible.
Teacher & Mentor: You enjoy mentoring junior staff and developing their skills alongside yours. You’re an advocate for team members while being fair and able to deliver feedback to help staff grow and improve.
We take the responsibility of caring for our employees seriously and offer benefits that prove it - annual leave, flexible time off, personal and carer's leave, superannuation, flexible schedules and remote working, monthly mobile phone allowance - and so, so, so much more.