Jr. Graphic Designer
Media Team - Jr Graphic Designer, Remote, Contract Role
- Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help caring adults run microschools, where small groups of kids meet, often in a home, and own their education. Our model ignites a passion for learning in kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we aim to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners… a world where they choose to learn, cultivate their talents, and apply their passion and determination to solve the world’s biggest problem. That’s the kind of world Prenda is helping to create.
- At Prenda, we live our core values of Start with Heart, Foundation of Trust, Dare Greatly, Figure It Out, and Learning Over Comfort. We see the hearts and minds of humans as the single most important resource on Earth. We all have the unlimited capacity to solve problems, reason, inspire, create, fail, iterate, and grow. That’s why we are building a community - called KindlED - to equip caring adults with the tools and methods that will enable them to better kindle the curiosity, motivation, and well-being of the young people in their life.
- We’re seeking a talented graphic designer to support our small but mighty Media Team. You will work under the supervision of our Principal Designer to produce high-quality work.
- You should be highly creative in this role and have a sharp eye for details. If you’re passionate about design and empowering learners, we’d love to connect with you.
- Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote Prenda’s vision and resonate with our growing KindlED community and ongoing efforts to support our students, parents, and guides.
- You will work on an “as needed” basis, which we estimate to be between 0-10 hours per week.
- Hourly rate ranges from $18-$23 depending on experience.
- Support Principal Designer with the following:
- Designing visually engaging graphics for social media
- Gathering and creating media meant for documents, video b-roll, and newsletters
- Preparing graphics for animation
- Ensure brand consistency across all visual assets
- Maintain strong communication and collaboration within the team
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Meet project deadlines consistently
- Maintain organization amongst files and folders
- Proven experience as a junior designer or in a similar role
- Impressive portfolio showcasing a range of design and creative projects
- Strong command of design techniques, principles, and visual elements
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills
- Collaborative teamwork skills and adaptability in a dynamic, remote, work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in design software Adobe Creative Suite, specifically:
- Experience with design for education is a plus
- Experience with Canva is a plus
- Experience with Web-Flow based websites is a plus
- Entirely remote team
- Empowered, humble, passionate, and exciting culture
- Live and work by our core values of Start with Heart, Foundation of Trust, Dare Greatly, Figure It Out, and Learning Over Comfort.
Prenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics, and we encourage applicants of all ages.