RoleManagement and Finance
prePO is an upcoming decentralized trading platform allowing anyone to gain synthetic exposure to any pre-IPO company or pre-token crypto project.
Our mission is to democratize pre-public investing - transforming a world of financial exclusion into a world of permissionless access. 🌎
At prePO, we are building a dream team. Like a professional sports team, we want every player on the field to be a superstar in their position and play extremely effectively with others.
Our fully-remote, globally-distributed dream team is currently 10+ strong, and rapidly expanding.
We are also backed by world-class investors ($3.2M in funding to date), including founders from Gnosis, 1inch, Illuvium, Alchemix, Zapper, and more!
At prePO, the following team values describe the people we want to work with (and the people you would want to work with too!):
- Autonomy: being proactive, resourceful, and making decisions in prePO’s best interest
- Passion: working with enthusiasm and positivity, and being personally motivated by prePO’s mission
- Radical Candor: sharing feedback directly and empathetically
- High Standards: setting and raising a high bar for yourself and others
- Acceleration: moving fast and speeding up our timeline
- Simplicity: seeking out the simplest solutions
- Incrementalism: delivering value via incremental iterations
- Focus: being laser-focused on high-priority, high-impact tasks that work us towards achieving prePO’s mission
- Results: valuing results achieved, rather than time or effort spent
- Innovation: embracing creativity, and leading the industry with forward-thinking ideas
- Unity: bonding, celebrating, and collaborating as a diverse and synergistic dream team
- Effective Altruism: a desire to do good in the most effective ways possible
prePO is looking for a world-class Operations Manager to support the founder with a wide variety of operational, managerial, and strategic tasks.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Wear many hats and flex your entrepreneurial spirit to make an outsized impact within the organization
- Act as a sounding board for key strategic decisions, take high-level strategic direction, and produce reports for the team with strategic recommendations grounded on data and research
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Develop effective and scalable operational processes and fill operational gaps
- Define, monitor and communicate OKRs for the organization across departments
- Interview, hire, manage, train and coach key roles across various departments
- Assist in budget planning and financial forecasting
- Lay the groundwork to establish new functions (e.g. BD, marketing, community) and identify the long-term resourcing requirements
- Take ownership over the planning and execution of projects across product / design, marketing / community, partnerships, HR, G&A, and more!
Our ideal candidate will:
- have 4+ years experience in an Operations / Product / Growth / Project Manager role
- have 3+ years experience within the industries of management consulting, finance and/or software
- have 2+ years of experience as a Lead Operations Manager (or similar role) within a web3 organization
- have 2+ years experience working in a demanding and fast-paced startup environment
- have outstanding academic performance at a top 100 university worldwide
- have a very generalist skillset, including management, community/marketing, recruiting, finance, G&A, BD, product, design, strategic planning, and legal
- have exceptional people and communication skills (written and verbal)
- have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to manage up
- be extremely efficient, with a bias for action
- be extremely organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- be flexible, available, and dependable
- be willing to do any task that needs to be done, no matter how big or small
- have an in-depth and up-to-date practical knowledge of the DeFi (and broader crypto) landscape
We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusiveness within our organization, and we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t match all the above criteria.
Note that we cannot offer visa sponsorships at this time.
- Competitive pay + performance bonuses + tokens
- Fully-remote work with flexible working hours
- Work on the bleeding edge of DeFi and crypto
- Learn from other senior high-performing team members
- Team game nights (w/ drinks/snacks budget) + off-sites + sponsored conference trips
- Learning/development budget + subscriptions budget (Spotify/Audible/Discord)
- Health/fitness budget
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Team-exclusive prePO merch + team-exclusive prePO profile theme NFT
- Join a force for good - prePO has made a pledge to dedicate at least 2% of time, product, and profit towards charity
Our interview process takes place via Zoom and generally consists of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Screen call with a team member (30 minutes)
- In-depth practical interview (45-60 minutes)
If you require any accommodations for the interview process, please let the recruiter know upon initial outreach and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
If you are hired, you will be working directly for the prePO DAO, with payments made monthly in USDC stablecoins.
We look forward to your application!