SEO Content Writer
RoleAll Other Remote
ProdPad is the original (and best) product management software, used by thousands of product teams across the world, helping them to build better products.
ProdPad provides product managers with a home for their product strategy - a single place to map out their product vision and objectives, build and manage their product roadmap, organize their backlog and gather and analyze customer feedback.
Founded in 2012, ProdPad’s Founders invented the world-renowned Now, Next, Later product roadmap, which is used and evangelized by millions of product teams. With customers including Adobe, the UK government, Autodesk, Mozilla, Target, KLM and NHS Education, ProdPad serves teams across the world from their base in the UK and are powering into their next stage of exciting growth.
About the Job:
As an SEO Content Writer at ProdPad, you will create authoritative and engaging content that sits across the ProdPad blog, glossary, and gated content hub. You’ll bring your understanding of SEO best practice to each piece of content you create in line with our exciting, new content strategy. Working closely with the Head of Marketing, and our industry experts and thought leaders, you will deliver articles and guides at pace, to publish at a set regularity.
This role will be reporting to our Head of Marketing.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in the implementation of our content marketing strategy, working toward short and medium-term goals for the improvement of ProdPad’s overall search visibility
- Getting to know our audience of Product Managers, and understanding their challenges, ambitions, questions, and tasks
- Staying abreast of the latest issues and trends within the product community so you're always writing from an informed position
- Producing high-quality, top-of-the-funnel content that answers our audience’s search queries and provides value to our community
- Creating enough content to meet our publishing frequency targets
- Planning and writing, high-value, long-form content - ebooks, whitepapers, research reports, and more
- Working closely with, and briefing, our design team to turn your copy into engaging, high-quality downloadable assets
- Repurposing content from webinars, talks, presentations, research, gated content assets, and other sources, to create new content (blogs, infographics, other downloads, etc)
- Interviewing thought leaders and subject matter experts both inside and outside the business and creating guides and articles from their discussions
- Having an awareness of our content back-catalog in order to utilize internal links and help establish our search engine authority for our core topics
- Using content & SEO tools like Frase.io, Semrush, MarketMuse, and Yoast to help produce optimized content at scale
- Being part of the content planning and ideation process to maintain a pipeline of content ideas grounded in persona analysis and keyword research
- Editing and proofing copy written by team members
- Publishing blogs to our site using WordPress
What the hiring process looks like:
To apply, send us your CV along with a sample of your work which best demonstrates how your writing skills match our need.*
- 15 min hello with the Operations Director / COO and Hiring Manager
- 1 hour Interview with the Hiring Manager and Chief Marketing Officer (Note: This would be a CV deep dive)
- Writing challenge (we pay for your time here, we don’t expect it for free!)
- Chat through the challenge with Hiring Manager and Chief Marketing Officer and final interview with any additional relevant team members.
*Due to volume of applications, we will only proceed with applications where a sample of work is submitted.
About you & your experience:
- You are a talented writer with a passion for your craft and experience writing B2B, ideally in SaaS
- You have a very strong understanding of SEO and a track record securing #1 search rankings for competitive keywords & and acquiring featured snippets
- You have experience working with a pillar or topic cluster content strategy
- You’re able to work at pace and deliver a high volume of blog articles to meet a set publishing frequency
- You know how to appropriately encourage conversion through your writing or on your blog pages
- You’re comfortable interviewing people and know how to coax the best insights out of both high-profile thought leaders and team members
- You like to stay up-to-date with competitor content and industry trends
- You’re able to interpret and interrogate research data to draw conclusions and produce engaging, interesting research reports
- You have strong research skills to enable you to quickly learn about niche topics and write convincing and authoritative guides and/or articles
- You are very comfortable using SEO, research, and GPT-3 tools and know how to use them to inform your writing and scale your content production
- You are fluent in web traffic metrics
- You have experience publishing with Wordpress or other Content Management Systems
- You’re comfortable writing for a global audience, the US market, and used to using US English
- You have meticulous attention to detail, high grammatical standards and good time management
£30,000 - £35,000 based on experience.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits include:
📈 Stock Options
🌴 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays) and an extra 3 days holiday after 3 years
🏥 Private Medical Insurance and Healthcare Cashback Scheme
💸 Pension Contribution
👶 Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave with pay
❤️ EAP Scheme
🖥️ Pick out your own kit and tools to work with
🚆 Season Ticket Loan
📚 Learning and Development Budget
⚖️ A great work life balance - We encourage “tidy time”, coffee mornings, walking meetings and any other way you can break from the norm to add some “feel good” into your working day.
🌱 The opportunity to develop your own skills and role as we grow - we encourage learning and development in your field and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other events.
Our HQ is in sunny Brighton, 10 minutes from the station and it’s where our marketing team can usually be found with a mix of in-office and remote work encouraged across the team, at hours that suit both your individual needs and the needs of the organization.
This is a full-time position and we would consider someone remote (based in the UK), hybrid, or based at our Brighton office. The entire ProdPad team is a mix of all of the above.
We value our diverse workforce and strive to nurture and develop our inclusive work environment.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved