Community Support Manager (Weekends)
Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support our community of Makers in building the future. We obsess over delivering an amazing experience to all of our users and we are building a world-class team to achieve that.
We've been around since 2014 and have accomplished a lot with our small but mighty team. But we've hit an inflection point and are taking the team through a significant growth phase - we've already doubled the team to 50 people over the last year. With our most recent $23 million financing round, we're ready to find even more ways to deliver value to makers and tech enthusiasts around the world.
Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support makers building the future.
Product Hunt is a fully distributed team across 7 time zones. This part-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world, but you'll need to be available from 12 am - 8 am Pacific Time Saturday-Monday.
This is initially a contract, with the goal of becoming a full-time, permanent position for anyone interested in pursuing a career in tech with a passion for startups, a keen eye for detail, and always happy to offer support with a (virtual) smile.
We're seeking someone that loves new technology and is eager to help makers around the world. We want to work with people who are curious, kittenish (), bold, authentic, and empathetic. If this sounds like you, we want to get to know you
- Site moderation. Every day, makers launch on Product Hunt, introducing their products to the world. It's important that we help them by updating their post page and ensuring there are no typos in the tagline, their product thumbnail is clear, and more.
- Support with a smile. We view customer support as an opportunity to delight our community, not a laborious chore. Responsiveness and creativity are required to solve problems whilst also clearing Intercom and email support queues as needed.
- Community engagement. Our community is at the core of everything we do. We want to find new ways to improve and expand the community experience both on Product Hunt and elsewhere and you are the front lines of that connection.
- Maker outreach. The discussion and opportunity to speak directly with the founder, designer, engineer, or marketer of a product is what makes Product Hunt special. We want to be proactive in seeking out the people making the best new things in tech and helping them launch on Product Hunt.
- Community Projects. As part of the greater Product Operations team, there will be an opportunity to lead, manage or contribute to community projects like Beta programs, Hackathons, Community Events or Discussions. This is a great opportunity to expand your skillset into program management, community management and marketing initiatives, based on your interests and company need.
If the following list (without exceptions) gets you pumped, we want to hear from you:
- Empathy: Empathy is critical when interacting with the Product Hunt community and makers, especially when managing complaints or translating user feedback to the rest of the team.
- Attention to detail: If you're the kind of person that loves crossing those t's and dotting the i's, this is for you.
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary to speak with our community and communicate their feedback to the rest of the Product Hunt team. You will be the voice of the community.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision: You will receive training from our talented community team to help get you started, but this is a remote role that will require self-motivation
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It's a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create an outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It's important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We're serious about our work, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun :)
We're a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It's important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity, and experiences – to best serve our global community.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Wellness stipend – Your health is important to us, too.
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US.
- Company-paid laptop, WFH set up, and a monthly internet stipend
- Fluid work schedule – We don't believe in face time, work when you're most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it.
- Wellness Mondays. First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Professional development stipend Grow, learn, and become even better at what you do.
- Live wherever – We don't care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)
The salary for this role is dependent on location/cost of living and experience.
If this role sounds exciting and you can work from 12 am - 8 am Pacific Time Saturday-Monday, please get in touch. This is a fully remote role and may suit those in a GMT time zone.