Editorial Content Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
- Position: Editorial Content Manager
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Remote
- Hours: 10-20 hours per week
- Compensation: $30-$40 per hour
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, July 19
Seeking you... if you:
- have a keen skill for creating marketing content that inspires action
- feel an insatiable desire to excel, learn, persevere, and optimize
- looooove all things research especially related to content creation
- are masterful at noticing errors and possess an eye for detail
- geek out on optimizations to better organize content, dates, and people
- go out of your way to communicate in asynchronous team structures
- thrive in autonomy and working remotely with limited supervision
- are resourceful, proactive, and a problem solver - heck, you thrive on it!
Who We Are
Productive Flourishing helps people finish their most important projects by publishing some of the best articles, books, and courses on productivity and leadership. We are a Black-, veteran-, and woman-owned small business that intentionally cultivates diversity on our team and in the work we do. We encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Our company, Productive Flourishing, is a Portland-based education and consulting company that helps people start finishing their best work. Our products, services, and events capture the interest of a worldwide audience, so you’ll have your hands in a wide variety of projects — every day is different and surprising in the best of ways.
The people who thrive on our team appreciate that we are “lovingly intense” with a high bar for efficiency, self-awareness, self-management, communication, and getting quality work done!
The Role Logistics
We’re looking for an Editorial Content Manager who will be responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining content to improve our new ‘Momentum app’ as well as our other products and services. Our objective is to find the right person to create an extraordinary understanding of web-focused content marketing and customer experience in a dynamic remote work environment!
This is a part-time (starting at a minimum of 10-20 hours per week) 1099 contractor position with room to grow as you excel, and the potential to become a full-time employee within 2-3 months. This is NOT an ideal fit for aspiring or would-be entrepreneurs.
Compensation: $30-$40 per hour. See below for additional benefits.
Applicants who do not answer the application questions will not be considered a qualified candidate. We will show preference for candidates who link their LinkedIn accounts below.
This is a 100% remote position with flexible hours.
Available to people authorized to work within the United States.
Skills That Will Enable You to Thrive
- You’ve got gumption! You take initiative, learn quickly, aren’t afraid to ask questions, and approach situations with a bias toward action, anticipate issues before they arise, and communicate proactively!
- You are transparent and forthcoming when issues do arise! You own your mistakes, and strive to do better!
- You excel at balancing being thorough and efficient in a 100% remote work environment.
- You have an internal drive and strong organization and prioritization skills so you can exceed expectations with very limited supervision.
- You take pride in refining your communication, both written and verbal, and especially the ability to speak customer-friendly language that makes them feel supported.
- You appreciate personal development, socially progressive environments, and are tenaciously passionate about your own growth.
- You read and follow instructions with precision. Special note to see if you’re paying attention. Put the secret code “Momentum” in the 2nd to last application question.
- You are quick to pick up new tech and tools. We work in a variety of online tools and you will need to be able to use these with some basic training, including: Asana, ActiveCampaign, WordPress, Webflow, Slack, Confluence, and more.
- You have a reliable computer and internet connection and can use video conferencing services such as Zoom.
- Possess a technical writing background
- Have Webflow and email marketing experience
- Are familiar with how to repurpose mid- and long-form content into social media posts
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our team and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our team.
Productive Flourishing is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why Our Team Is a Big Pool of Awesome
We have a fun, dynamic, and people-centered work environment that provides the following benefits:
- No daily commute! We work remotely, independently, and from wherever we want to, most of the time (our current teammates are based all over the United States).
- Casual, fun work environment — no power suits, no requirements to look made up and professional every day to impress your colleagues and look good for customers.
- Our company makes a difference in people’s lives by helping them do their best work and build businesses and organizations that make the world better.
- We are anti-hustle! We focus on the physical, social, and emotional health and well-being of our employees first.
- As best as we can, we align the work an employee does with the type of work they love to do.
- Employees have a great deal of autonomy and leeway on how they complete their work — we focus on making sure they know WHAT needs to be done, not HOW they need to do it.
If the role becomes full-time, we offer these additional benefits:
- Paid Time Off — Each employee has 15 days paid time off to use however they wish as well as 10 company paid holidays
- 401K - PF matches 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% for all full-time employees.
- Health insurance — after 1 month of successful full-time employment, we pay 100% of the employee’s premiums to our top-notch health coverage that includes alternative care treatment.