RoleAll Other Remote
- Role: Senior Copywriter
- Location: UK - London based, or remote
- Job type: Full time, permanent – hybrid or remote
- Are you an experienced copywriter with a passion for higher education? Can you spot a missing apostrophe in a 6,000-word white paper? Do you appreciate the importance of a consistent verbal brand? If the answer is yes to all of the above, you could be our new Senior Copywriter.
- We're looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our Marketing team at QS Quacquarelli Symonds and continue our work in bringing the QS brand to life for our student and institutional audiences.
- At QS, our culture fosters a flexible working environment that encourages our employees to own their career whilst personally and professionally thriving. We collaborate, respect and support each other – and as a company, our values underpin these.
- Our mission is to empower motivated people around the world to fulfil their potential through higher education, and to ensure everyone has the same opportunity to achieve that potential. We celebrate the diversity of our teams and believe through sharing our experiences we can learn from one another and become stronger together, which enables us to achieve our goal.
- At QS, you'll be responsible for implementing real change in the international higher education landscape, full of exciting and interesting challenges where you can drive positive impact across the business.
As a Senior Copywriter, this is what you'll be doing:
- Working as a key leader in our central Content team, you will own and oversee Copy across our marketing channels – web, emails, ads, sales collateral, reports and more. Reporting into the Head of Content, you'll be the owner of our brand voice and style guide.
- Collaborating between key teams will be essential, including the wider marketing team, design team, product team, PR, data and insights teams and more. You'll be our leading advocate for the role high-quality copy plays in informing and persuading audiences across the globe to choose the QS brand.
- Project manage copywriting projects from start to finish, including stakeholder management, setting deadlines and copywriting and editing.
- Write and edit website copy (QS.com, TopUniversities.com and TopMBA.com), reports, publications, briefs, marketing collateral and company documents and proposals.
- Support brand management and compliance of the QS brand voice and writing style guide across all external collateral.
- Manage and liaise with stakeholders on copy requests – from the CEO and CMO to colleagues in teams across the business.
Key skills and experience:
- Knowledge of B2B and B2C copywriting best practices with experience of writing marketing copy for brand awareness, UX, lead generation, nurture, and sales.
- Bachelor's degree in business, media, marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in writing and editing original and engaging copy, with a strategic approach to marketing copy.
- Professional exposure of the higher education sector is highly advantageous.
- A working knowledge of UX copywriting and SEO.
So, who are we and what do we do?
- QS is the world's leading provider of services, analytics, insights, and intelligence to the global higher education sector - supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions. We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people.
- Founded in 1990, our activities span across 50 countries, working with over 2000 of the world's leading higher education institutions and over 12,000 employers.
- Headquartered in London, QS has over 750 employees globally with offices in Australia, Malaysia, India, Romania, Singapore, France, Germany, and the USA. QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
We take investing in our people very seriously.
As standard you will have:
- Competitive base salary.
- Access to an annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible working options, including hybrid or remote.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays – increasing to 27 days after 5 years'.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous pension through Royal London.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance and wellness scheme through Vitality.
- Access to QSmiles – a discount scheme that actually makes a significant difference.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A vibrant social environment and multicultural and multinational culture.
But that's not all. Outside of these standard benefits we also offer resources to allow professional growth and wellness initiatives to nurture a healthy mindset:
- Free subscription to the Calm App – the #1 app for sleep, meditation, and relaxation.
- A focus on welfare which is led by our global wellness team, with mental health first aiders globally.
- Access to a variety of diversity and inclusion initiatives and groups.
- Strong recognition and reward programs – including a peer-to-peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual QS Applaud Awards, Connect with your Career annual PD event.
- Support for volunteering and study leave.
- Free subscription to LinkedIn learning – with over 5000 courses and programmes at your fingertips.
- Options to join our outstanding global Mentorship programme.
Like what you've heard? Great, apply now!
- As a candidate, we know the application and interview process can be daunting and so it's important that you have a great experience with us. Our dedicated Talent Team will work hard to ensure you are fully informed at all stages and you are really excited by this opportunity to do meaningful work in the education space.
- QS Quacquarelli Symonds is proud to be a fair and equal organisation where everyone has the same opportunity to achieve their full potential, irrespective of their background or personal attributes. We celebrate our diversity and believe through sharing our experiences we can learn from one another, be stronger together, and enable our business to thrive.