Senior Brand Manager, Rare Diseases, Benelux Region
RoleSales and Marketing
Recordati, established in 1926, is an international pharmaceutical group, listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (Reuters RECI.MI, Bloomberg REC IM, ISIN IT 0003828271), with a total staff of more than 4,300, dedicated to the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Recordati has operations in Europe, Russia and the other C.I.S. countries, Ukraine, Turkey, North Africa, the United States of America, Canada, Mexico, some South American countries, Japan and Australia. An efficient field force of medical representatives promotes a wide range of innovative pharmaceuticals, both proprietary and under license, in several therapeutic areas including a specialized business dedicated to treatments for rare diseases. Recordati is a partner of choice for new product licenses for its territories. Recordati is committed to the research and development of new specialties with a focus on treatments for rare diseases.
The Brand Manager's primary responsibilities are to optimize the market position by the development of a comprehensive marketing plans to deliver sales and marketing objectives within the agreed budget. Work in close collaboration and alignment with other business functions. Fully understand customer insights and understand how to build on this for the success of Recordati Rare Diseases.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Planning, generation, and sharing of customer insights in order to develop market understanding.
- Deliver brand plans for established and launched products
- Accurately monitor marketing spend and report to the manager at monthly intervals.
- Track national performance and use this information to inform accurate sales forecasting.
- Liaise and collaborate with the international marketing team
Operational planning and execution
- To develop and execute robust tactical plans in line with the marketing strategy.
- Review communication options and determine the optimal channel mix.
- Deliver multichannel tools to drive customer engagement
- Working with International marketing on sales and marketing materials for key products and local adaptation
- To lead the delivery of speaker symposia, consultant programs and congresses.
- Deliver product training and selling tools to best fit local capabilities and opportunities.
- Work with the field force to optimize the effectiveness of the field force and the utility of marketing materials.
- To ensure all activity is in compliance with company standards and the relevant country code of practice. Manages and tracks all materials through the internal approval process.
- Attend workshops and congress as appropriate.
- Identify a range of metrics and select appropriate measures
- Provide regular reports on the implementation of marketing plans for the business.
Technical and professional experience required:
- Experience with multiple product launches into the BE and NL markets
- Must have excellent written and spoken English, French and Dutch
- 3-5 years experience in a similarly complex role, managing multiple brands across several therapeutic areas
- Rare disease experience (oncology/endocrinology) is preferred
- Multi-channel marketing experience would be an asset
- University degree level or equivalent in a scientific/business discipline
- Proven track record in achieving sales and marketing goals
- Campaign development from initiation to execution
- Experience in several full cycles of the strategic and tactical planning process
- Experience in managing branding, medical education and/or PR agencies
- A good understanding of how to interpret market intelligence and datasets (e.g. IMS) and evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing intervention in the marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a cross-functional team player and project leader who gets results
- Possess excellent organizational skills, good attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility
- Previous experience of managing the certification process for materials is essential
- Previous experience of having worked in a small organization is desirable
- An individual who will thrive in a challenging and rapidly evolving internal environment
- Buying into the RRD Identity
- Positive thinking and enthusiasm, team spirit, cooperation with the ability to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others as well as independently
- Capacity to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial forward-thinking outlook
- Concise and effective presentation and communication skills
- Highly articulate and persuasive during formal and informal presentations, able to convey complex, scientific ideas fluently to any audience
- Knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations and related ethical behaviors
- Problem-solving abilities
- Analytical skills
- Hands-on management
- Skilled in time management and able to meet deadlines
- Organizational and task force leading capacities make people deliver
- Client-oriented personality
- Able to work in a specialist area
- Willingness to travel – Although this is an office-based role, there will be occasional travel to other EU countries and regular travel within the country of origin
- Computer literate in Microsoft programs Including, but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Self-motivated with a desire to expand my skill set and overcome challenges
“At Recordati, we believe in equal opportunities and we guarantee that everyone can achieve their potential. We see diversity as a value and will not tolerate any discrimination based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, political or religious belief, or any other personal characteristics. At Recordati, we work hard to create a safe and inclusive work environment, where we all have our rights to physical and psychological integrity respected on a daily basis, as well as our right to freedom of opinion and association. We recognize that we each have a role to play in the success of our business and we implement staff development policies through which everyone's contribution and achievements can be appropriately rewarded.”