Senior Data Scientist
RoleAll Other Remote
- For over a decade, Reify Health has been paving the way to faster, predictable, and more accessible clinical trials. Through its business entities, OneStudyTeam and Care Access, the company provides best-in-class trial optimization software and transformative clinical trial infrastructure that delivers research directly to more healthcare providers, communities, and patients wherever they are. Through partnerships with top biopharma companies, thousands of research clinics worldwide, and leading healthcare & community organizations, Reify Health is helping bring new medicines to patients faster, one trial at a time.
- As of September 2022, the team working on StudyTeam is now known as OneStudyTeam. Both new and familiar, this name reflects the mission shared by our technology and our people: to connect and enable every stakeholder in the clinical trial ecosystem to carry out the work of research better, sooner, and together. OneStudyTeam, like Care Access, will continue to operate as a business inside Reify Health but will now do so using the OneStudyTeam name and brand to represent the business overall. All StudyTeam products will continue to utilize the StudyTeam name and branding, and our users will continue to access our products in the same way. For more information about this transition, see press release here.
- Our unique, rapidly growing data streams are enabling unique opportunities to manage clinical trials more efficiently and predictably. The Data Science & Analytics division is looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist who can help us understand and predict patterns to help research sites and their sponsors plan and manage clinical trials more effectively. If you are empathetic, business-driven, and want to use your data science skills to make a tangible impact in the clinical research community then this may be the role for you.
- As a Data Scientist at a fast-growing company, we're looking for people who can effectively balance rapid execution and delivery with innovative data exploration to serve the business most effectively. You have strong opinions, weakly held, and while well-versed technically and mathematically, know when to choose the right technique, for the right job, at the right level of complexity. You will work closely with our other Data, Product, Engineering, and Design groups to help turn targeted R&D around modeling patient, site, sponsor, and clinical logistics behaviors into solutions that can be used to practical benefit.
What You'll Be Working On
- Expanding the capabilities of our predictive modeling suite and integrating it into compelling, commercializable, data-driven narratives for pharmaceutical sponsors
- Develop recommendation systems which materially improve the operational efficiency, scalability, and effectiveness of our Customer Success and Sales teams as they support sites and sponsors
- Performing hands-on R&D and discovery sessions with stakeholders to drive novel, high-ROI data science applications for sites, sponsors, or associated stakeholders
- Becoming intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory and privacy frameworks and how they influence our analytical and model development decisions
- Regularly communicating your efforts to the Director of Data Science, Head of Data, and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form
- Living our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and, more importantly, people), and being laser-focused on business needs
What You Bring to OneStudyTeam
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in an applied data science role dealing with regulated health or clinical data (or a similar highly regulated dataset)
- A willingness to deeply engage with stakeholders and understand business strategy to establish a "definition of value" before considering technical approaches
- Deeply understands not only how to use a technique but why it is or is not appropriate in a given situation, with available data, and for specific business needs
- Expertise in several techniques such as (but not limited to): Bayesian statistics and modeling, linear/nonlinear regression, linear optimization, mixed integer programming, supervised/unsupervised learning, expert systems, network analysis, and neural networks
- Familiarity (or ability to become familiar) with privacy-preserving or identity protecting techniques and ways to discern bias in models that may impact recommendations regarding diverse and underserved populations
- Expertise in Python and SQL and deep familiarity with corresponding analytics, visualization, and data processing libraries
- Understanding of the nuances of testing models and addressing scalability/accuracy of analytical processes in probabilistic systems
- Advanced degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, statistics, or other related field
- Relevant published or publicized professional or academic work such as open-source contributions, blog posts, or publications
Benefits (US Full-Time Employees Only)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Remote-first! Work from anywhere.
- Flexible PTO & working hours
- Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave
- 100% paid health coverage for employees with option of HSA: Includes employer HSA contribution of $400 for individuals or $800 for families
- Additional plans available at >70% premium coverage
- 100% employer-sponsored dental & vision plans for employees
- Supplementary, low-premium benefits: Short-term/Long-term disability, voluntary life insurance, pet insurance(!), legal & identity protection
- Free access for employees and dependents to health care advocacy team (Alight Health Pros), and 24/7 telemedicine access (Eden Health)
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer match
- Company-provided laptop
- $1300 annual home office reimbursement
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled virtual events
- Annual fitness and weight loss reimbursements: Up to $150 each per year
- Learning and Development: Your very own LinkedIn Learning license so that you can upskill or just learn something new!
- Access to Benefits Marketplace: A special discount hub for OST employees to access deals on things like electronics & home goods to wireless service or travel
- Guardian's College Tuition Benefit Program: Enroll any child dependents under the age of 17 for up to $4000 per year towards college tuition
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: OneStudyTeam is unable to sponsor work visas at this time. If you are a non-U.S. resident applicant, please note that OST works with a Professional Employer Organization.
As a condition of employment, you will abide by all organizational security and privacy policies.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved