Senior Product Designer
Every company that is building software has to manage environments. This is time consuming and takes away from building things customers want. Most companies have one or few staging environments that become bottlenecks as code must run in staging before releasing to production. Applications are also getting more and more complex and development is getting harder to do on your laptop. Release solves these problems by making repeatable environments for every developer on every Pull Request.
Release is a remote-first company with no office and was started in 2019 by a founding team who have worked together for over 20 years. We're backed by top investors including CRV, Sequoia, and YCombinator.
About the role
We're looking for a senior product designer who is excited to creatively elevate our user experience as the first designer on our product team. Working with your cross-functional colleagues, you'll identify our customers' challenges and craft intuitive flows that build confidence and induce delight. The ideal candidate either has a technical background or has deep understanding of technical needs - we interact every day with our customers' engineering teams, helping them to move faster and faster.
What you'll do
- Lead user interviews and research that form the foundation of the prioritization process
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate your design vision to the team
- Develop high-fidelity design artifacts that enables the engineering team to efficiently bring them to life
- Define, measure, and own success in a design context
- Shape the design culture and design process within product development
- Be fun to work with
What might describe you
- 5+ years of designing software products, especially for technical audiences
- A structured thinker who solves problems and spots opportunities
- Love to walk a mile in the customer's shoes
- Fosters collaboration but ultimately drives toward an opinionated design
- Have been frustrated at the pace of engineering teams you've worked with and want to work on directly solving that problem for everyone
- Positive vibes