Business Intelligence (BI)/Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
With a clear and inspiring vision, smart strategies, and significant and sustained financial support, we are growing our team and seeking an entrepreneurial Business Intelligence (BI) / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our Operations Team. This position reports in the interim to the Chief of Staff, and in the future, to the Head of Operations.
In this newly-created position, the Business Intelligence (BI) / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager will serve as a manager for developing the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan. We are seeking a passionate and resourceful manager to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of market opportunities and potential new business models for our key stakeholders.
The BI / FP&A Manager will have the unique opportunity to interact and partner with all teams across the organization to assess specific budget needs of the department. This is an ideal position for a professional with previous finance and accounting experience in an accelerated startup or non-profit environment. You would play a critical role in Rewiring America as it evolves from its start-up phase into a scaling organization, joining a fast-paced team that operates with a sense of urgency.
The BI / FP&A Manager will be an employee of Windward Fund. All employees need to submit timesheets.
- Manage tracking and reporting of OKR’s and other KPI’s within the organization via Tableau or similar dashboarding software
- Build real-time and periodic reporting tools that can be shared with key organizational stakeholders and partners
- Manage data retrieval and analysis within the organization to support dedicated and cross-functional initiatives across departments including policy, partnerships, product, research and communications
- Synthesize and distill information from a broad array of organizational sources into actionable insights
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support through performing quantitative and qualitative analyses of operational and financial data
- Build, refine and maintain Rewiring America’s corporate operating budget and model which details the entire entity’s operations and projects future performance
- Prepare quarterly presentations and memos for the advisory board that communicate the financial position of Rewiring America in compelling and impactful ways
- Work with the Windward Fund to incorporate historical financial data into the operating cost model
- Develop and implement a revenue model by working with the CEO and Future Head of Investment to maintain the fundraising and gift pipeline
- Work closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff to manage the Company’s organizational chart and flow the staffing information into the model
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the leadership team as required
The incoming Business Intelligence (BI) / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager will be driven by their belief in and commitment to Rewiring America’s values, vision, and mission. Through their track record as a manager or individual contributor within an established finance or business intelligence group, the successful candidate embraces the dynamism of doing big things and demonstrates humility, curiosity, and a learner’s mindset in all that they do. We are looking for a diligent and detail oriented individual, someone who recognizes that the stakes of what we are trying to accomplish depend on a high-functioning, passionate, and trusting team.
The BI / FP&A Manager plays a critical role in the evolution of Rewiring America from its start-up phase to a more mature organization and joins a fast-paced team that operates with a sense of urgency and a track record of success in finance, accounting or business intelligence. The BI / FP&A Manager must display excellent project management skills and complex problem-solving skills. Rewiring America has the opportunity to take our work to the next level and seeks a team with ambition, determination, and the ability to instill confidence, trust, and inspiration.
This role requires an ethos of collegiality, strong collaboration and analytical skills, and the ability to manage through influence in a matrixed team. The successful candidate demonstrates a zeal for financial analysis and business reporting and models excellence and integrity in all they do. The selected candidate will also possess the following Core and Preferred qualifications:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a professional environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to gather qualitative and quantitative data and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Outstanding attention to detail, with ability to limit mistakes
- Strong written, presentation, verbal reasoning and communications skills
- Comfort and ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to all levels of staff, business partners and donors
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with poise, tact and diplomac
- Solid organizational and critical thinking skills, with ability to multi-task and make changes quickly and efficiently
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid environment
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and manage changing priorities
- Remote work experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as Tableau
- Comfortable working with Google Workspace
- Bachelor’s and/or equivalent work experience.
- Background in finance, accounting or business intelligence.
- Content knowledge in climate, renewable energy, and/or building electrification.
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$110,000 commensurate with experience. Rewiring America also offers a very generous and competitive benefits package, including includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 6% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@windwardfund.org.