Senior Digital Product Designer
We are looking for a talented and motivated Digital Product Designer to lead on our User Interface design, taking conceptual ideas and bringing them to life using best practice frameworks that create amazing experiences and solve problems for our end user.
This is a remote role open to candidates based in the UK.
RoosterMoney is a pocket money app and prepaid debit card that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We operate a remote first culture, but make time to all get together every couple of months.
Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016.
RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Financial Times to name a few. We’ve been on the BBC and are considered experts in our field.
In addition to our Tracker, we offer the Rooster Card, a prepaid Visa card for kids with parental controls. We are scaling rapidly which offers lots of scope to grow for anyone joining the company.
Roostermoney recently became part of the Natwest Group. With the backing of Natwest, one of the UK’s largest high street banks, we can help even more parents and children build their financial confidence and capability. The vision of Natwest aligns strongly with our own and their commitment to improving financial capability matches our shared passion for helping to teach children about money. This offers exciting opportunities for both our staff and customers.
You will operate with a high level of autonomy as a key player within the Design team.. You are passionate about helping families teach children the value of money and excited about working on a global platform with a big social mission.
You will be a strong problem solver, organised and great at communicating with others. We look for T-shaped people who have a core set of skills they can bring to the team and the ability to build on new ones. Whatever the problem or opportunity, you find the best solution in the quickest amount of time.
- Have strong experience in Digital Design - iOS and Android focus.
- Understand how to build compelling experiences and bring them to life in our product, with the right frameworks at each stage.
- Champion our customer experiences and take them to the next level.
- Influence the end to end customer journey, working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers across the business to create simple elegant design solutions that solve complex problems and delight our business owners.
- Research both the problem and the solutions with our customers.
- Confidently communicate these methodologies to non-designers and translating requirements
- Produce hi-fidelity responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and look visually stunning
- Measure and iterate the product experience to ensure an optimal outcome for our users.
With your previous design skills you will have a proven track record and portfolio for:
- SketchApp for rapid prototyping UI interface & website screen design
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Figma
- A Visual design and strong attention to detail (Pixel Perfect)
- Strong understanding of latest device/platform/browser limitations and capabilities
- Experienced working with and championing brand guidelines, design pattern libraries and design systems
- Front End standards and best practices (React / Storybook etc.)
- Understanding of Design Systems and Design language management
- Mobile App Design & App development best practices / standards
- Creating and maintaining strong Brand Identities or UI Libraries / Toolkits
- Ability to input and participate in the creation of User Research
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create Lottie, UI animations and transitions
- Working knowledge of latest HTML/CSS Browser/Device limitations
- Experience in designing other medium and formats (eg. Print, Book, Illustration, Industrial, Object, Wayfinding, etc.)
- An interest in educational resources for children is a plus.
Apply if you want to:
- Be a part of the team to reshape the way families talk and engage with money.
- Work closely within multidisciplinary teams to support the delivery of your designs. Helping us make every interaction with the product and brand visually memorable and compelling
We will provide you with an in depth induction to get you up and running, familiar with our processes and people. You will work remotely but should be expected to attend meetings in London or the South West as and when required. We are a small team so a good cultural fit and understanding of our remote working culture is really important.
- Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome
- Competitive salary
- Regular team get-togethers and social events
- Remote working (but we also meet up in London & Bristol)