Customer Service Agent
RP Professional Services, LLC (RP) is a rapidly growing government consulting firm headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia. We're an 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that exclusively enables the missions of U.S. Federal agencies through superior mission support and technology integration. Our dedication to our employees and clients is driven by our promise to deliver Excellence, Value, and Flexibility. "People, not just Resources" is more than our motto; it's the foundation on which we are built! At RP, we take pride in who we are and what we deliver.
RP is seeking world-class Customer Service Agents to provide support to small business owners in a crisis contact center. In this role, you will ensure each customer receives the best and most efficient and effective service possible in a people-first environment that values your expertise, encourages entrepreneurship, and promotes and rewards innovation. You'll answer inbound calls and provide solutions additionally via email. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and ever-changing contact center environment. This is currently non-supervisory, and remote.
- You'll answer inbound calls from customers that are specific to certain programs; you'll utilize a playbook to determine which script is appropriate and follow for guidance.
- You'll provide world-class customer service by ensuring that all customers receive the best and most efficient and effective service possible
- You'll use a script to resolve phone inquiries
- You'll use a template to respond to emails from customers
- You'll document the resolution of all calls or emails in the prescribed customer relationship management system(s)
- You'll accurately confirm the identity or "authenticate" customers before providing account-specific information to help prevent fraud, ensure privacy rights are protected, and avoid a data breach
- You'll review customer account information in SBA systems and correctly convey information and/or status updates to help customers resolve their issues or reach the correct department at SBA or elsewhere
- You'll communicate verbally or in writing in a clear and professional manner with customers and all contact center project team staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree. Military experience is considered in lieu of education.
- 2 years of experience in customer-facing environments. Additional education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Prior customer service experience with an emphasis on call/contact center experience
- Prior experience answering and providing solutions to callers
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Teams, Excel) suite is required
- Familiarity and experience using a customer contact telephone system and/or a customer relationship management system is required
- Familiarity with web-based systems and tools
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with clients and coworkers to achieve client delivery goals and expectations
- The ability to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- 4% retirement match with 100% vesting
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
RP Professional Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.