Front End Software Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
The mission at Satoshi Energy is to accelerate progress toward a world with decentralized sound money and abundant sustainable energy. The company was founded in 2018 based on the idea that 24/7 power markets will benefit from 24/7 financial settlement and that the most sustainable and successful bitcoin mining will be powered by low cost renewable energy. Today, we are connecting renewable energy assets with bitcoin mining data centers under novel contract structures. In the future, we envision every kilowatt-hour streamed to an energy consumer will be settled instantaneously with a payment streamed to the energy producer.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will join a small, focused team of bitcoiners, engineers, and energy experts. You’ll be responsible for writing clean, efficient code that gets the job done and delivers delightful experiences. You will work across the organization and be responsible for understanding user needs and creating objectives and goals for projects, while balancing company vision with customer needs. As we grow, you will be instrumental in helping to build the team and build a more decentralized and sustainable future.
Your Day to Day
- Work alongside product managers and designers to create novel UI and UX improvements.
- Design and implement web applications.
- Be an expert at the challenge of creating smooth user experiences for Bitcoin apps.
- Collaborate and communicate with sales, development, and operations teams to understand the needs of our customers.
- Build novel UIs for a new sector of energy financial services.
- Minimum 4 years experience programming, preferably in the energy or fintech industry.
- Experience using Microfrontends, Webpack, Next.js, webpack, and GraphQL.
- Experience in the development of user interface designs i.e. visual design elements and how customers interact with and use applications
- Strong focus on optimizing visual presentation using principles of user experience (UX) design.
- Understanding of how code runs on different operating systems, browsers, and user devices to ensure cross browser compatibility.
- Self-motivator with the flexibility and willingness to work on various initiatives simultaneously.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Obsession with bitcoin, the bitcoin mining industry, and energy markets.
- Desire to build a future with sustainable energy and sound money.
- Knowledge of security best practices, applied cryptography, and performance trade-offs.
- We are free thinkers, we believe in meritocracy, we challenge assumptions meticulously, and we don’t get overly emotional if we’re wrong.
- We believe in providing freedom and responsibility to foster a growth culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork.
- We encourage each other to seek discipline, balance, and fun in all parts of life, so that we can always perform at our best on the job.
- We are a distributed team on a mission to build decentralized global power markets. You are welcome to work remote or join the team in Austin or Houston, Texas.
- Bonus plan, 401k, and equity participation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company gatherings in fun places - the best of being fully remote while still coming together regularly!