Talent Acquisition Specialist
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Schnabel Foundation Company was formed in 1959 as a foundation engineering and construction company in business to design and build excavation support and specialized foundation systems. We still do that today. We have grown from a single office in Washington, DC to include nine offices from coast-to-coast where we now employ over 40 professional engineers who design and manage the construction projects in those offices.
Schnabel is searching for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources team. You will partner and provide guidance to local and remote managers in all aspects of the recruitment process You will implement programs to attract, identify and hire high quality employees, utilizing a variety of recruitment sources and methods in order to manage and improve the staffing process. This position reports to the Manager of Human Resources.
- Proactively source and recruit candidates to ensure positions across all aspects of organization to include Office, Field and Equipment positions are filled quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and develop recruiting strategies
- Manage openings using innovative sourcing channels to find top talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources and networking
- Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications and compensation requirements
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to increase efficiencies in the recruiting process and identify potential candidates
- Drive and manage selection process to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Continuously develop business knowledge of company and departmental objectives, industry and key corporate challenges, as well as current market dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate or recruiting firm environment with the ability to effectively handle high volume staffing needs and manage multiple priorities
- Previous recruiting experience in construction environment strongly desired
- Extensive sourcing and sourcing project experience
- Proven track-record in developing and utilizing creative sourcing strategies
- Proficiency using behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Expert task management, resource management and interpersonal skills to support time-critical staffing needs
- Ability to manage situations in a professional and tactful manner
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment and hiring laws
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels
- Proficiency in working with social media tools
- Positive attitude and high level of initiative
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.