Senior Product Manager
🇺🇸 USA Only
About the role:
Have you ever used a travel site and thought "I could plan and execute a way better experience than this?" If yes, this is the role for you. We're looking for a Senior Product Manager that is excited at the opportunity to continue to transform Scott's Cheap Flights into a best-in-class online experience that helps our members never overpay for flights again.
Partnering directly with the VP of Product, this role requires a strategic thinker who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves in order to inspire, collaborate, and execute. As a product lead, you'll weigh members' needs and desires with what works for the business. You are responsible for the value and viability of what you work on. It’s critical that you have a strong track record of working within and leading a multidisciplinary product team.
In the short term, you will:
- Collaborate with your team leads using Continuous Discovery (design, engineering, flight experts) to uncover/understand member opportunities that in turn address our business goals
- Establish a regular cadence of facilitating product research by meeting with potential members and active members to better identify and understand their needs and desires as it relates to airfare
- Lead documentation and communication throughout the entirety of the product lifecycle for both technical processes as well as cross-functional teams that may be affected by changes.
- Be focused on how to measure your outcomes vs. just ship
- Gather and prioritize requirements from members and internal stakeholders to build, iterate, and own the flight-specific product roadmap for Scott's Cheap Flights
- Lead and coordinate your cross-functional squad through delivery of strategic work, outcome over output
In the long term, you will:
- Develop and ship major improvements to our overall onsite member experience
- Develop and ship compelling, engaging, and revenue-generating products that delight our members while ensuring they never overpay for flights again
- Own the overall onsite member experience, holding accountability for brand alignment and business metrics
What you bring to the table:
- Innovation: You have a track record of not only optimizing existing product lines, but building new, revenue-generating product lines from the ground-up that drive the business forward.
- Design Mind: You have worked with one or more famous brands before and you know how to build experiences that captivate and map to increasing brand equity
- Product Execution: You have experience in every stage of the product cycle - planning, discovery, development, testing, and analysis.
- Data Driven: You are obsessed with data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation and have worked closely with data analysts and/or data scientists in past roles.
- Change Agent: You aren't afraid to think outside the box and have the ability to lead without authority, understand others perspectives, and interpret those opinions and validate with data to build great products alongside the team.
- Simplifying Complexity: You are able to deeply understand and simplify complex systems and processes through product innovation and automation.
- Big Picture Thinking: You are able to develop products that tie together the internal tooling with member-facing products.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years working in product management with a majority of the experience in a B2C organization
- Comfortability with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and agile development
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience in conducting customer interviews and using the insights to build high-impact products
- Impeccable ability to effectively collaborate in a highly cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel twice per year to company retreats
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have's:
- Experience working within Continuous Discovery
- Experience working within the travel industry
- Deep understanding of growth loops
- Remote work experience
- Subscription experience
- Familiarity with tools like Notion, Miro, Figma, JIRA/Asana
Why you might love working here:
- The annual salary for this position is $144,896 + stock options.
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJs to the office!
- $500/Quarter Remote Work Stipend
- Open vacation policy, with a 3-week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave
- No Meeting/Flex Fridays
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In 2021, we went to Cabo San Lucas. In April, we went to Charleston. In September, we’re heading to ... you’ll have to join to find out. 😊)
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request.