Product Marketing Manager
RoleSales and Marketing
About Select Star:
Select Star is a data catalog and discovery platform built for modern enterprises. Our platform automatically catalogs & documents database tables and BI dashboards, providing actionable intelligence for our customers in 24 hrs. With Select Star, you can find out where your data is coming from, which dashboards are built on top of it, who is using the data, and how they are using it.
We’re currently a seed stage company, backed by some of the best early-stage tech investors like Bowery Capital, Background Capital, and prominent angel investors (Spencer Kimball, Scott Belsky, Nick Caldwell, and more).
Top data teams from businesses like Opendoor, Pitney Bowes, Vivino, Electric.ai and more are relying on Select Star to understand their data. We’re starting to see strong traction in the market and are looking to build out our team to help us scale.
As our Product Marketing Manager, you will help position Select Star and create compelling narratives and content to grow awareness. If you’re a great storyteller and know how to bring new products to a technical audience, we should talk!
What you’ll do:
- Drive our main product positioning and messaging for the Data Discovery market
- Collaborate with Product and Sales to identify and drive strategic campaigns, events, partnerships, and training to expand Select Star’s presence and bolster our lead generation efforts
- Partner with leadership to develop custom campaigns and messaging that align with our broader product strategy and positioning
- Become an expert on Data Discovery through detailed market and competitive research to help identify roadmap items and improve sales enablement materials
- Create content around new product / feature releases and expand overall awareness of Select Star
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience working in product marketing or content strategy
- Previous experience taking technical concepts and translating them into compelling stories and driving tangible business outcomes
- Strong understanding and interest in data infrastructure and use cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert collaborator and cross-functional worker
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to operate independently
We love working at Select Star and think you would too! Some of the benefits include:
- Remote first company - work from wherever you like
- Full medical benefits
- $1,000 annual stipend to improve your WFH set-up however you see fit
- Competitive compensation (including equity)
- Be open and transparent - we share the good and the bad. We’re working towards a common goal and support each other along the way
- Be an owner - we have high standards and expect everyone to be responsible for upholding them
- Be practical - things will change, and that’s ok. Prioritize, execute, evaluate and plan. Then do it again