Senior Android Engineer
Anywhere in the World
RoleFull Stack Programming
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2, GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3), AST (UTC -4), FKST (UTC -3), NST (UTC -3:30), GST (UTC +4), CVT (UTC -1), WAT (UTC +1), SAST (UTC +2), EAT (UTC +3)
Your key area of focus:
To achieve our mission, we need to make sure our app is easy to use for every interaction from signup to sending to editing info to resetting your password. You'll work closely with our Head of Product to fix highly impactful user problems and A/B test interface changes to make the experience even smoother and quicker. You'll eventually be one of the primary code owners of our Android app, and the go-to people for when someone else on the team has a hairy Android problem they need help with, but it won't be all Android work though- you will need to work across client and server to solve problems end-to-end.
In your first few months, you'll
- Streamline in-app signup and verification flows
- Set up A/B tests to measure the impact of your work
- Help us build a top-tier referral program to help users share their love of Sendwave with their friends
- Advise other engineers on Android development questions and challenges
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a full-stack or mobile engineer (but at least 3+ years exclusively in mobile)
- Significant experience working with Android - you don't need to know every detail of the Android environment off the top of your head, but you should have a strong enough foundation to figure out those details when needed
- Work authorization in the country in which you intend to be based.
Bonus points if you
- Have worked on a growth team before
- Possess hands-on experience with Python or iOS
- Care about users and want to make their experience easier and better
- Are more of a "get it done" type person than a perfectionist
- Aren't afraid to throw away code you wrote when after testing, a flow you built doesn't work as well as another one
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Let's talk about the benefits. Here are a few perks you can look forward to:
- Location: North and South America
- This is a permanent position
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces - making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we're excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved