🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
About us: Shareable is an award-winning nonprofit media outlet, action network, and consultancy with a mission to empower communities to share. In collaboration with global partners, we inspire social change through solutions-based journalism, advocacy campaigns, and local organizing. Going forward, we’ve committed to creating and executing a sharing-based strategy to serve high-potential, under-resourced local communities. With your resource development support, the Shareable team will create unique, high-impact programming that combines media expertise and grassroots organizing.
About you: You are a dynamic, mission-driven fundraiser who will help take the organization’s award-winning thought leadership and organizational impact to the next level through reimagining and expanding (and funding!) an exciting new strategic direction. You have a collaborative, innovative spirit and will help us passionately communicate the mission, programs, and achievements of Shareable to stakeholders.
The position includes:
- Act as the chief development officer of the organization, leading staff and collaborating with the board to strengthen and expand funding partnerships and opportunities.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy that nurtures loyalty and celebrates impact through a comprehensive relationship-building program.
- Develop new funding partnerships to ensure sustainable growth, financial health, and impact, with a particular focus on foundation support.
- Lead the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan, including individual, corporate, and foundation support.
- Help develop and execute a comprehensive grants management system for the organization.
- Research, manage, and write proposals and reports in coordination with other staff.
- Help ensure successful planning and execution of special events, including event project management when needed and appropriate.
Planning, Governance, and Management
- Co-create a new strategic plan in partnership with Shareable’s staff & board.
- Help monitor and evaluate relevance, effectiveness, and impact in partnership with staff and board.
- Participate in decision-making as a co-steward of the organization.
Partnerships & Communications
- Help maintain and deepen existing partnerships while cultivating new ones with stakeholders — including subscriber and participant networks — as well as community & industry leaders, and others.
- Help raise the organization’s profile, garnering recognition for its unique assets and programs.
Required qualities, skills, & experience:
- An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Shareable’s mission, values, and diversity principles.
- Significant experience (2+ years) as a proven grant writer and grant manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communication style.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to inspire support and action.
- Patience and diligence to handle many tasks with care and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a collaborative team.
- Competency to work across lines of difference.
- Willingness to explore, engage in, and help us build a successfully self-governed staff and collectively-managed organization.
- Located in the continental United States with access to internet speeds and working environment needed for daily all-remote work.
Desired qualities, skills, & experience:
- Experience fundraising for new program development and significant organizational change.
- Experience with programs in high-potential, high-need communities.
- Team-building skills and a collaborative leadership style with the ability to lift up and empower others.
- Experience with sharing, the solidarity economy, social transformation, sustainability, local economies, and/or grassroots innovation.
- Current knowledge of the field, including charitable giving trends and donor software/databases.
Benefits, salary & work environment:
Shareable employees have a 32-hour workweek Monday-Thursday. Our legal address is in Oakland CA, but our team is all remote. Some travel is to be expected — typically at least once per year. While performing job duties, you will frequently be required to perform physical tasks like typing, writing, and participating in conference calls.
As a full-time employee, you will receive generous PTO and medical coverage. Expected salary range is $65,000 - $75,000 annually for a 32-hour workweek (40-hr. equivalent: $81,250 - $93,750).
Shareable is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We encourage and welcome applicants of any race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, class, religion, ability, or ideology to apply for this position. We actively seek applicants who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Shareable is currently transitioning to a worker self-directed organizational structure. This means that we use democratic governance and decision-making systems that provide all staff with a voice in the management of the organization, including the power to influence the realms and programs in which they work, the conditions of their workplace, their own career paths, and the direction of the organization as a whole. We expect all staff to participate in decision-making as co-stewards of the entire organization. This structure also allows staff to take on a number of diverse roles based on interests and skills. As such, your role is likely to shift and evolve over time to contribute to other areas of our work.