Senior Social Media + Content Manager
6 to 8 years
RoleAll Other Remote
Shibumi is a trailblazing, rapidly growing lifestyle brand on a mission to raise the bar on beach time. We make innovative, thoughtfully designed products that are all about ease and respecting our sandy escape.
Our first product, Shibumi Shade, forever improved the beach experience, by providing shade that works with the wind, not against it. Shibumi Shades are sold only in the US, online and through a network of 180+ retailers, and can now be found on more than 800 beaches worldwide.
Shibumi has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, USA Today and more.
About the Role
Shibumi is looking for an experienced Senior Social Media + Content Manager to lead our Social Team! This person will be the eyes, ears and voice of Shibumi on social media, creating and curating compelling content that effectively tells our brand story, cultivating an active and engaged digital community, and driving relevance and awareness of the Shibumi brand. Core responsibilities include day-to-day management of all social platforms, daily posting, copywriting, content development and curation, community management, creative storytelling and developing social-first campaigns.
This role will report directly to the Head of Brand. Our ideal candidate is beach, pop culture, and social-obsessed with a team player attitude, a strong sense of creativity, excellent communication and writing skills, and is a multi-tasker that will hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position is fully remote.
Day-to-day management of all platforms (currently IG, FB, LinkedIn) including but not limited to
- Drive and manage annual content calendar including key launches, roll outs, cultural moments + events; develop announcement + support strategy; drive content strategy
- Daily posting
- Captioning + copywriting
- Develop compelling storytelling moments based on our brand pillars
- Ensure our content mix is reflective of our key brand values
- Concept and execute social-first campaigns (i.e. First Day of Summer giveaway w/ brand partners, Summer playlists, curated beach guides, etc)
- Develop and manage various content series
Content development + curation
- Curate and compile all content across all social platforms
- Organize and oversee photo + video shoots
- Source + manage content creator/tastemaker content and liaise on on asset deliverables
- Work closely with Paid Social team on creative needs
- Find and manage sourced content
- Liaise with designers on graphic/designed content needs
Social strategy for new product launches and announcement
- Help develop and execute strategy for announcing news (new products or otherwise) to our digital community
- Lead proactive and reactive engagement strategy across social media channels including Instagram and Facebook (and any new/emerging platforms) to harness the power of our digital community, gain insights, and connect with customers, fans, and critics
- Monitor relevant conversations and engage with consumers to enhance brand reputation and drive advocacy
- Identify trends, opportunities, and ideas to support development of content strategy
- Identify opportunities to surprise, delight, and show our community members how much we appreciate them
- Source UGC and community stories for content (including downloading and editing)
- Monitor social media channels outside of standard work hours
New and emerging platforms
- Assess new/emerging platforms and determine our feasibility of entry
- Assess viability of existing platforms we are not currently on (i.e. TikTok, YouTube, Twitter)
- Develop TikTok strategy
Reporting & Tracking
- Establish benchmarks + growth/engagement goals
- Develop and deploy cadence of social reporting to executive team
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in social media marketing
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of all social media channels, uses them effectively for work and personal
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant and upcoming social media channels + platforms, and how each platform can be leveraged in different scenarios
- Extensive experience in content creation and curation including (1) concepting, overseeing and executing photoshoots (2) sourcing and managing content creators & overseeing execution of key deliverables (3) sourcing and curating found-content
- Robust background in community management and experience working with community management tools including Sprinklr, Sprout Social, etc.
- Proven ability to write and edit communications and articulate the brand 'voice' in a creative, compelling, and witty manner
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side
- Ability to work nights and weekend as needed for publishing and community engagement needs
- Ability to travel to events as needed (a couple per year)
- Self-starter - you can recommend and initiate projects with minimal direction and oversight
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, systems, and policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a knack for problem solving
- Finger on the pulse of pop culture with knowledge and understanding of buzzy brands, tastemakers and influencers.
- Passionate about beach culture
- A natural partner - you’re able to work seamlessly with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure alignment and execution against multiple goals
- Maintain positivity and poise in even the most stressful situations
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Fully remote working
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.