Head of Wholesale Sales (w/ a Sense of Humor)
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleSales and Marketing
At Shinesty, our mission is to force the world to take itself less seriously. We’re one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands on Earth. Our mothers don’t always approve of our work, but the millions of people we’ve entertained over the years do.
Over the last seven years, we’ve grown our brand exclusively online and done a damn good job at it. We have over 1.5 million direct-to-consumer customers and we’ve sold over 4 million pairs of underwear. Now, we’re ready to expand our underwear line into a new channel: physical retail.
We are looking for a strategic wholesale leader. Someone who has done it before. The perfect candidate has taken a consumer brand from 0 to $10M+ in wholesale sales. This person has worked both large strategic accounts and managed an external rep force to grow through select boutique retailers. This person has existing relationships with key retailers, understands how to balance brand strategy with growth, can galvanize internal resources, and has a history of success leading an organization into the wholesale channel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the CEO and COO to build a one, three, and five year growth strategy for the wholesale channel.
- Grow the wholesale channel from $0 to $10M by the end of 2025.
- Partner with the Finance team to develop business plans, targets, overall budget and build a 3-year outlook for the wholesale business.
- Present brand story and product line to key accounts.
- Lead negotiations and business terms / contractual agreements with potential partners.
- Recruit, train, and motivate A-player external rep force.
- Manage sales pipeline and execute against organizational sales goals.
- Report and manage sales KPIs and metrics for wholesale channel.
- Help the demand planning team to forecast account sales and growth.
- Partner with Creative, Product, and Marketing teams to develop product assortment strategy and appropriate/required product refinements, as well as marketing activation and launch strategy
- Conceptualize and launch in store point of purchase, racking and displays.
- Organize and support trade show season.
- Communicate directly with stores to make sure we are doing all we can to maximize the business.
- Working closely with Operations and Finance, set up customer accounts, payment terms, and logistic requirements
- 15+ years of experience in wholesale sales.
- 5+ years of senior sales management experience.
- Extremely organized with exceptional leadership skills.
- Ability to understand KPIs and report up to the executive team and Board of Directors.
- History of success scaling wholesale business from $0 to $10M in sales.
- History of success recruiting, managing, and motivating external sales reps.
- Existing relationships with key retail partners.
- Strong background in apparel.
- Strong background with B2B business platforms such as NuOrder, Elastic, In8Suite, etc.
- History of successfully managing independent and remote sales force
- Strong presentation and communication skills and very detail-oriented
- An entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Excel in a high-paced and high-growth startup sales environment.
- Superb listening skills and the ability to build meaningful relationships including at senior levels. Listen more than speak. Understand first, so you can take strategic action.
- Align with our cultural values that fuel our success and make us who we are.
- Report directly to CEO and have opportunity to build the wholesale team and channel from scratch
- Stock options in Shinesty, one of the fastest growing retail brands in the country
- Competitive salary, aggressive individual performance-based bonus opportunity, plus annual company wide bonus incentives
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fully remote or optionally work out of our downtown Denver office
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible PTO, no need to accrue time and you can take as much as you'd like
- Flexible working hours, just get your stuff done and generate results
- All the tools and resources you need to be successful in this role