Senior UX Designer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Shipium is on a mission to solve the ‘Prime problem’ that modern retailers face today—how to make fast, free and on-time delivery promises a cornerstone of the customer’s shopping experience. We’re building tech that connects previously fragmented systems and automates complex supply chain decisions to deliver speed and value across operations.
Shipium was founded in 2019 by supply chain leaders from Amazon and Zulily, and recently raised the largest Series A in logistics tech history backed by world-class investors like Insight Partners, Trilogy Ventures, and Pioneer Square Labs.
As Senior UX designer, you’ll be responsible for turning customer problems and needs into intuitive, beautiful data-driven solutions. You have a passion for designing effective digital experiences that are informed by customer research and testing, industry best practices and business needs. You use your keen sense of empathy, strong storytelling skills and polished program management techniques to deliver user-focused work in a fast-paced and complex startup environment.
Helping our external customers is our primary focus, but we also build products for use by Shipium employees. These internal customers use our software to help our external customers get up and running, improve results and better understand the nature of their business. In addition to applications built specifically for internal use, we also use progressive enhancement to enable our employees to see what our customer sees but with an additional layer of information that employees can use to further understand what is happening behind the scenes and help with troubleshooting or deeper understanding.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for the end-to-end design of our customer-facing applications, from research and prototyping to developer handoff.
- Work hand-in-hand with the sales, product and engineering teams to understand our customers.
- Analyze customer problems and design delightful solutions with measurable impact.
- Work closely with product teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements.
- Quickly, yet thoroughly, create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface and interaction specifications.
- Present and defend design recommendations to partners, stakeholders, and senior leadership for review, feedback, and approval.
- Partner with technology teams to develop solutions that can be executed within sometimes tight timelines without compromising on core experience principles.
- Measure the success and effectiveness of UX innovations.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms in an iterative software development environment, applying design tools (e.g. Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, cross-functional organization. 2 years of experience leading design projects. 1 year of experience working with executive leaders.
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for HTML on both desktop and mobile.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale within a user-centered design process.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
****Although based out of Seattle, WA, Shipium is 100% remote and hiring in the following locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas & Washington.