Software Engineer - Data
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Simon Data is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our team.
If you are excited about and have a passion for data, are always thinking about how you can automate processes, and love to design creative solutions to complex problems, keep reading to learn more!
You’ll be joining a team of engineers who care deeply about their work and each other. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business. Our clients rely on our product to engage with hundreds of millions of customers every day -- sending over billions of messages annually.
Successful engineers value ownership & creativity, have deep knowledge in delivering resilient & scalable designs, thrive in tackling the challenges of distributed systems, and are not afraid to try new technologies!
- Build custom data pipelines on top of our core platform (Python/Hadoop/Redshift)
- Collaborate closely with senior engineers to design and develop new product features
- Build out tooling for a data development environment for our clients on our platform
- Identify solutions for client requests
- Drive technical requirements from high-level marketing and business needs of our end users
- 2+ years of professional software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go, C#, Ruby, etc.) Python is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with at least one mainstream database technology
- Proficiency in SQL
- Detailed-oriented and able to work independently
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong analytical skills and a love for all things data
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, Simon will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.