RoleSales and Marketing
SketchDeck is a next-generation creative service for marketers. Founded in 2014, we have built our software-enabled agency to deliver high-quality creative, efficiently and at scale. We have a focus on production design, but are growing our capabilities to serve more creative and strategic needs. We focus on US mid-market and enterprise companies, notable clients include Facebook, Rémy Cointreau, Peloton, Dropbox & ADP.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to connect with our clients and help grow this expanding service. You’ll be writing and revising content for a range of creative projects. To excel in this role you’ll need to have a high level of creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, and advanced project and time management skills. This contractor role will report directly to multiple project managers. We’re a 100% remote company and welcome applicants from anywhere in the world to apply. Must be willing to work US time zones.
Content Writer duties and responsibilities
Content Writers are responsible for style and format consistency across all projects and communicating with clients to create the best content possible. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
- Identifying client needs and gaps in content and recommend new solutions
- Working with customers to define their content needs
- Conducting research on any given topic
- Collaborating with other content writers, graphic designers, project managers, and clients to produce content.
- Balancing multiple ongoing tasks and creative projects for multiple brands. (We’re a creative agency, so deadlines can be tight!)
- Creating copy that is consistent and on par with brand voice and style guidelines.
Writing and revising various long-form content such as: blogs; social posts; case studies; video scripts, with running time 10+ minutes; presentations; sell sheets; brochures; interviews; newsletters; etc.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years experience as a Content Writer or similar role — experience with design and technical writing is a plus!
- 2+ years in an agency setting – experience presenting to clients a plus!
- Flexibility and time management: you must have project management skills that demonstrate your ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and take responsibility for deadlines
- Basic understanding and experience with writing related to SEO
- Must have impeccable proofreading and content editing abilities
- Proactive and positive team player with a willingness to learn, deliver and receive feedback, and tackle any tasks that arise
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Adherence to and accurate application of style guide
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical and business subjects into engaging, understandable pieces
- Experience with writing across a variety of channels, in both print and digital formats
- Have flexibility in your writing style and voice to address clients in various industries