Data Engineer Open Source
India, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
1 to 5 years
Why you should join Skuad
💵 Venture capital-backed hyper growth company
🏡 🖥️ Remote friendly work culture
🚀 Rapid career advancement with opportunities to learn
💰 Competitive salary and Performance bonus
🏖 Paid time off, Flexi-hour policy & Wellness benefits
About the role
- Build customer facing technology product for global customers
- Design and develop end to end applications with very high quality
- Partner with multiple Product Owners and/or teams to document business needs/requirements and associated processes
- Abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power web applications.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and develop a deep understanding of the start-up ecosystem
- Develop a sense of ownership and the zeal to build scalable applications
- Understand the market and participate in product roadmap discussions
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka, pySpark, etc.
- Experience to build systems that involve batch as well as continuous data processing at scale
- Experience in parallel processing and partitioning concepts
- Strong working knowledge with SQL, shell scripting and databases like Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, hadoop/hive, kafka, Postgres, etc.
- Data warehouse technologies, Data modeling and ETL development.
- Love technology and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand
- Interested in learning Technical data analysis/ modeling using Excel/R/Power BI/SAS/STATA or similar platforms.
- Experience in any programming language
- Understanding of database architecture & design patterns
- Strong concepts of Data Structures & Algorithms and a passion for coding
- Good exposure to Google Cloud Big Data technologies
Envision a world without borders where a company can find, hire, and manage talent regardless of location. A world where you can find work that speaks to your passion without having to move to another place. Skuad enables this! We are democratising talent and opportunities globally by making remote work accessible anywhere in the world. Skuad is helping employers build, pay, and manage exceptional talent globally while we take care of global payroll, compliances, and taxation for them. We are a remote-first team of driven individuals distributed across the globe. We love our diversity and passionately enable our customers in building global teams & diverse work cultures. We achieve this with a deep focus on driving value for our customers, learning from one another, collaborating asynchronously and effectively, while being committed to continuous learning & improvement.
With Skuad you get to have:
- Ownership: You will own what you do. We are a results-driven team, which means we expect you to get things done.
- Endless support: You will always be able to reach the help you may need. You will have the resources you need to deliver
- Experiment: This is your playground. You will come up with ideas of your own, pitch them and take them up. You will have a free hand to execute exciting ideas.
- Impact: Be a part of a world-class team where we are constantly challenged with new things and maximise the impact of the products we build.
Skuad has raised a total of $15M in a seed funding round. Skuad is funded by Alto Partners Multi-Family Office, BEENEXT, Anthemis, and Rohan Monga.
Sundeep Sahi, CEO
Has over 20 years in the industry with executive roles in product, analytics, and technology across startups and enterprises. Sundeep co-founded Indifi, worked at Microsoft, headed Wynk product to mention a few. He holds 3 patents in Distributed Applications and is adept at building and managing large distributed teams spanned across North America, Europe, India, and Australia.
Recognized under 30 Startups To Watch: The Startups That Caught Our Eye In January 2021 by INC42