Staff Writer, Personal Finance
🇺🇸 USA Only
2 to 3 years
RoleManagement and Finance
Slickdeals connects 12 million monthly users with the best products at the best prices. We strive to help shoppers win everywhere, including by providing them with helpful and entertaining articles to help inform their decisions.
Our staff writer will be responsible for producing articles and guides for Slickdeals Money. You’ll be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit card content. You’ll pitch and write articles covering all things credit cards: card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, credit scores, advice, news and more.
You will work on your own stories, larger assigned stories that require in-depth reporting, as well as SEO content. You’ll also have opportunities to spearhead special projects and other content initiatives.
- Track credit card and loyalty program news, then pitch and write stories based on that information
- Write stories ranging from credit card industry news to in-depth looks at new card features and benefits
- Excellent grammar and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with freelance editors and content strategists to ensure stories are accurate and optimized for SEO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an expert level knowledge of English language, spelling and punctuation
- Familiarity with the AP style guide (we have an in-house guide, but it borrows heavily from AP)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with close attention to priority and tight deadlines, including next-day and same-day turnarounds
- Proficiency in Wordpress or similar CMS (familiarity with Gutenberg is a plus!)
- 2-3 years of experience writing in the Personal Finance space
LOCATION: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Flex/Hybrid, or Fully Remote
Remote work is available in: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York (does not include NYC), Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina,Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Slickdeals Compensation, Benefits, Perks:
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Equity, become a Slickdeals stakeholder
- Platinum level medical benefits
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 401K matching above the industry standard
- 10 vacation days, 10 paid holidays, & 48 hours of sick leave
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program, and LinkedIn Learning Membership
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to E-Verify Participation and Right to Work.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.