Software Engineering Intern
We are seeking driven students excited to explore a career in software engineering. Your internship could be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth potential. We seek to provide in-depth experiences, ongoing mentorship, and targeted program training throughout your internship.
Professional skills developed & aspects of the Internship program:
- Ability to manage time and schedule
- Ability to develop relationships and confidence
- Capacity to handle numerous tasks and objectives from multiple stakeholders
- Understand the needs of the clients and organization; deliver results based on objectives
- Active membership on the intern and Engineering team
- Meet with Executive Leadership weekly for open Q&A sessions for professional coaching and career advice
- Sharpened presentation skills through delivering an end-of-program presentation to your team on your project work, results, and key takeaways from your internship experience
The Software Engineering Intern is involved in technical design, software development, and testing. We work in a fast-paced, agile environment with small, product-focused delivery teams. The intern will work on a project on our Essentials application. Essentials is a Retention Marketing tool that provides automated communications, tailored campaigns and profit-driven marketing. The platform creates lasting customer relationships for repeat sales and service.
The project will focus on both front and back-end development with emphasis on UI/UX. The goal is to create updated tools giving the Essentials development team increased automation and efficiency. The intern would be expected to demo the final product to engineering leadership.
- Complete a feature project from end to end, starting with refining requirements and ending with presenting the completed feature for review and acceptance
- Work closely with the Essentials team and participate in daily stand-ups
- Participate in discussions about project architecture, technical feasibility and use cases
- Gain exposure to technologies, tools and processes used by the software engineering team
- Matriculated college student, GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- C# .Net, Java or Python
- SQL, MySql
- Version Control
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and teamwork mentality
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, tools, and data analysis
- Authorized to work in the US
Work from Here
We have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work-from-home program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in-person collaboration thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in-person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
We celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.