Customer Success Associate
🇺🇸 USA Only
Title: Customer Success Associate
Location: Remote, within the U.S.
Solstice is an award-winning clean energy company working to put affordable renewables in the hands of every household, including low-income populations and communities of color. Climate change is a top concern for many Americans, and Solstice is poised to experience fast growth as demand for climate solutions surges from governments, businesses, and nonprofits.
Solstice has been growing quickly, and we’re looking to bring on a Customer Success Associate. Customers are the most important stakeholder at Solstice, and we strive to ensure every customer has a great experience with community solar. You’ll wear a few different customer support hats: helping customers navigate our digital platform, responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner, and onboarding new customers to Solstice. The right candidate is process driven, a problem solver, loves helping and talking to people, and is passionate about environmental justice and climate change mitigation.
- Be the first point of contact with customers, understanding their concerns and resolving them in a professional and timely manner
- Leverage both phone and email to clearly communicate Solstice’s value proposition to customers
- Assist with execution of customer communication, onboarding, and education initiatives
- Document all activities in our CRM (Freshdesk) and in the Solstice platform
- Help build scalable customer service processes and implement efficiencies across all stages of the customer journey
- Collaborate with team members within and across departments to improve customer management processes and enhance the customer experience
- Fully understand the solar industry, community solar market, the Solstice customer profile and value proposition
- A minimum of six (6) months of customer-facing experience
- Patience with customer questions and the ability to articulate value proposition to external stakeholders with passion and energy
- Love for helping and bringing joy to others
- Full of positive attitude – you see challenges as learning opportunities
- Proactive -- you identify problems and design solutions without being asked
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Process-oriented with great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, team-oriented, and hungry to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- Passionate about renewables, cleantech, environmental justice, and/or sustainability
- Experience in CRM or Customer Support softwares a plus
As a Customer Success Associate, you will gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Experience at a fast-growing tech startup/social enterprise that’s creating a more just and equitable energy industry
- Opportunity to identify and manage customer support and customer management projects
- Knowledge that you’re working every day to improve the livelihoods of families looking to join the clean energy revolution
- Inclusion in a mission-driven, fun, and collaborative company culture
In addition, every Solstice Power Technologies employee enjoys:
- Company equity to share in the upside of Solstice’s growth
- Competitive salary, dental coverage, and inclusive healthcare, including expense reimbursement for out-of-state reproductive care
- 401k with matching
- Professional development annual stipend
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave policy
- Five weeks of PTO a year, including when we close the office for ~1.5 weeks in late December each year
- Flexible personal time to allow employees to run errands and go to doctor’s appointments without taking PTO
- Ability to work remotely from within the United States
- A team of passionate, collaborative, dedicated, and empathetic employees
Climate change mitigation requires massive clean energy expansion, yet 77 percent of American households cannot install rooftop solar power due to rented housing, the structure of their rooftop, the upfront cost, or access to financing. Solstice connects households and community organizations to “community solar”—shared solar farms that are installed in a centralized location where local residents can enroll in a portion for free, without any home installations, and enjoy guaranteed savings on their monthly utility bill.
One of the only companies in the solar industry co-founded and led by women of color, Solstice has generated demand for nearly 139MW of clean energy across 43 community renewable projects in multiple states, with the total clean energy capacity from enrolled households, small businesses, and nonprofits representing the environmental equivalent of not burning 62 million pounds of coal. In addition, Solstice’s software manages the end-to-end customer experience for the life of the 20-year renewable energy project on behalf of developers and financiers, from customer enrollment to billing/crediting to ongoing customer engagement.
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek to always expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us a unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and all-team strategy retreats throughout the year. To ensure the health and safety of our teammates, all employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person events. Apply today and get to know us!