RoleSales and Marketing
Title: Partnerships Manager
Location: Remote, within the U.S. (candidates living in IL or NJ preferred)
Solstice is an award-winning clean energy company working to put affordable renewable energy in the hands of every household, including low-income populations and communities of color. The clean energy revolution is happening now; Solstice is working to ensure this transition is equitable and widespread by making it simpler and more affordable than ever for homeowners, businesses, and even renters to go solar.
Solstice is seeking an experienced Partnerships Manager to secure new organizational, business, and municipal partners to generate customers for its solar farms.
As a Partnerships Manager, you will scope, execute, and grow Solstice’s partnerships division, an integral part of Solstice’s overall customer acquisition strategy. Through prospecting, qualifying, and closing partnership opportunities, you will build a book of business in your territory that will enable and empower you to recruit new customers to our solar farms. You’ll focus equally on building relationships and trust with partners and working with partner accounts to develop customer acquisition campaigns.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, entrepreneurial, organized and autonomous, yet still a team player. The role requires high emotional intelligence, strong drive and motivation to stand out, an ability to envision, build and sell an experiential product. You must be able to open and manage a pipeline of C-level executives (and equivalents) and navigate complex business and municipal environments.
- Achieve or exceed individual customer acquisition goals through Partnership sales
- Manage the entire partner sales cycle from prospecting to commitment through partner enablement
- Grow territory through prospecting of new leads via coordinated networking and general outreach
- Qualify and pitch decision makers on Solstice’s unique partnership value proposition
- Define, build and manage partner enrollment campaigns to maximize customers acquired per partnership
- Identify new opportunities for growth
- 3-5 years of successful B2B, B2C, partner sales or organizing outreach experience
- Track record of achieving quotas, targets and goals
- Ability to close business and get the job done
- Ability to prospect and open new business opportunities
- Experience building relationships with c-level executives (or equivalents) and navigating enterprise level decision making landscapes
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales enablement platforms
- Background or passion for sustainability, clean energy, or related environmental field
- Excitement towards a fast-paced work and startup environment
- A Do What It Takes mentality
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Sales mentorship and access to a professional development fund to further your growth
- Hands on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
In addition, every Solstice Power Technologies employee enjoys:
- Company equity to share in the upside of Solstice’s growth
- Competitive salary, dental coverage, and inclusive healthcare, including expense reimbursement for out-of-state reproductive care
- 401k with matching
- Professional development annual stipend
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave policy
- Five weeks of PTO a year, including when we close the office for ~1.5 weeks in late December each year
- Flexible personal time to allow employees to run errands and go to doctor’s appointments without taking PTO
- Ability to work remotely from within the United States
- A team of passionate, collaborative, dedicated, and empathetic employees
About Solstice: Climate change mitigation requires massive clean energy expansion, yet 77 percent of American households cannot install rooftop solar power due to rented housing, the structure of their rooftop, the upfront cost, or access to financing. Solstice connects households and community organizations to “community solar”—shared solar farms that are installed in a centralized location where local residents can enroll in a portion for free, without any home installations, and enjoy guaranteed savings on their monthly utility bill.
One of the only companies in the solar industry co-founded and led by women of color, Solstice has generated demand for nearly 139MW of clean energy across 43 community renewable projects in multiple states, with the total clean energy capacity from enrolled households, small businesses, and nonprofits representing the environmental equivalent of not burning 62 million pounds of coal. In addition, Solstice’s software manages the end-to-end customer experience for the life of the 20-year renewable energy project on behalf of developers and financiers, from customer enrollment to billing/crediting to ongoing customer engagement.
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek to always expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us a unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and all-team strategy retreats throughout the year. To ensure the health and safety of our teammates, all employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person events. Apply today and get to know us.