Songbird Therapy is a modern and technology-enabled provider of in-home autism care and children's behavioral health. We're one of the fastest-growing consumer healthcare startups, and we're well-funded (>$10mm) by leaders in Silicon Valley and digital health, like Kleiner Perkins. Now, we're bringing together the best therapists and modern technology - building a world where every child can access world-class care, uniquely tailored to them.
What you'll own
As a member of our engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to conceptualize and ship products end-to-end on a fast-moving team. You'll partner with the founders, product leader, and an operations leader to ship products that dramatically improve the quality of care for children with autism. You'll heavily shape both our product strategy as well as our engineering processes, working in a self-directed manner to ensure you're working on the highest leverage problems. Your goal will be to help create a care delivery software platform that helps us elevate the standard of care for children with autism.
- Own product development end-to-end: prioritizing and spec-ing out projects, full-stack development, integration testing, and customer interactions
- Own full-stack development on the latest technologies: user interface and front-end development, backend APIs, infrastructure, and testing
- Drive the product development for a care delivery software platform used by families and therapists, sometimes being your own product manager
- Help set up and iterate on foundational engineering processes, including version control, integration testing, deployment infrastructure, and internal documentation
- Take initiative, hustle, and fill in gaps—believing that nothing at Songbird is someone else's problem
What you should bring
- 3+ years of professional experience at a fast-moving startup, preferably with 1+ year owning an entire product area
- Velocity—your peers know you to be in the top 10th percentile of engineering velocity and ability to get things done
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, independently able to prioritize initiatives to optimize for impact
- A past entrepreneurial proofpoint: founding or exploring ideas, build at an early-stage startup, or building a net new product and team at a larger company
- Mission-driven, and excited to build products that change the daily lives of families
Values we live by
- Motivated by supporting families. Our mission is to bring world-class, personalized care to children with autism—and that work energizes and inspires you.
- Seek out and take ownership. You're hungry for impact and believe in seeking out opportunities to take ownership to solve problems and support others—even when it means questioning the way things are done.
- Uplift others. You thrive in a team environment**.** You care about uplifting others and helping them succeed. You enable others' strengths and interests because you care.
- Driven to move fast. You believe in moving fast to support your teammates and help bring early intervention to families in need—every day counts.
- Embrace gratitude and adventure. You bring gratitude, humor and joy into your work, which elevates our team culture.
Benefits we offer
- Compassionate, energizing, and mission-driven culture of supporting families and innovation
- Competitive medical, vision dental, and life insurance
- Opportunities for internal career growth
- Remote-first workplace, with options for coworking if desired
- Competitive equity in rapidly-scaling digital health startup