Head of Product
Sorted is a refreshingly agile and data-driven software company, powering dynamic checkouts, carrier management, delivery tracking and automating returns management around the world. Through partnerships with some of the biggest global carriers and customer-obsessed retailers, Sorted transforms every delivery journey into a 5* customer experience.
Trusted by leading global retailers – such as ASOS, Asda and Lush – Sorted’s delivery experience platform fixes poor delivery choice, broken customer promises and disjointed post-purchase communication to increase customer happiness, drive loyalty and support retail growth.
With software now live in 17 countries, Sorted is recognised as one of fastest growing companies in Europe as named by the FT and one of the UK’s most successful digital businesses by Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Europe’s leading late-stage growth programme. And, this year, we’re proud to have been recognised as one of the top ten most innovative retail technologies in BusinessCloud’s 2022 RetailTech 50 ranking. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about that one.
We have ambitious plans, but a brilliant team of over 100 talented people. And we’re just getting started.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and are united as a team when it comes to driving transformation forward – not just for our business, but transformation for the retail tech industry. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, transparency and looking forward.
We’re working hard to make Sorted great; we know the roller coaster will continue but, with great people and an exciting roadmap in place, now is the time to be part of our story.
If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our vision, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With big plans for 2022, we’re on the hunt for a Senior Director, Product (Head of Product Management).
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for leading Sorted’s product management function:
- Articulate, execute and evolve the Sorted 2.0 product vision and roadmap(s)
- Establish the product management team as SME’s (subject matter experts), customer and market obsessed, able to credibly articulate product vision and roadmap execution to internal and external stakeholders.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Sorted, and your role will be varied and diverse. The pace we move at also means priorities will change, so you’ll need to be comfortable with multitasking and shifting workloads. But when plans shift around, we work together to ensure you have fully support and clarity on expectations and deadlines.
Here are some of the things that will be core to your role.
- With VP of Marketing and product management team, define and iterate on an overarching product vision and roadmap for Sorted, setting clear guardrails for each product pillar and each segment (SMB, Corporate, Enterprise), ensuring alignment with the business’ strategy to successfully expand it’s GTM motions to include PLG and channel partnering.
- Operate as the primary evangelist for the Sorted Delivery Experience Platform (DEP) both internally and externally, representing the company in customer facing environments.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting of product GM% performance and optimisation of GTM plans
- Coach the product management team such that they become market facing and internal facing subject matter experts.
- Collaboration with the Platform Delivery organisation to drive the development of clearly defined working practice for Product Management hand-off to Product Ownership. Specifically, adherence to the Scrum methodology, defining additional value add process, priorities, artefacts, SLAs and communication structure / cadences.
- Establish a structured method for capturing and evaluating customer feedback/sentiment through qualitative and quantitative programs (customer panels, EAP’s etc), uncovering customer pain points and using insight to drive product roadmap prioritisation.
- Development of clearly defined working practice for UX Design’s collaboration with x-functional teams, specifically Product Owners, Growth Marketing, Scrum Teams and Architecture.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management.
- With product marketing, establish a playbook for product launches ensuring excellent working practice is adopted between product managers and product marketers and ensuring comprehensive sales and support enablement and product competency certification.
You should apply if:
- You really know and love the ecommerce delivery tech space, you will ideally come from a competitor business or business within the eco-system
- You will be able to span the gap between being a product visionary and a deliverer of tangible outcomes
- You will be hands-on, ready to coach a team to become highly visible product evangelists
- You will be excellent at combining market and technology trends with customer pains to drive a roadmap that is aligned to clear revenue outcomes.
- · Product Director – Returns
- · Product Manager – Tracking/Post-Purchase
- · Product Manager – Shipping (vacancy)
- · UX Designer
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Director of Product Ownership
- Head of Growth Marketing
- Product Owner(s)
- Technical Delivery Directors & Managers
- VP Sales
- New Business Sales Team
- Account Management Team
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Sorted a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few other things that our people love:
- Share our success: We know our success is a credit to our talented and hard-working people, so every Sorted employee has share options.
- Develop with Sorted: your development is our priority. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and let us help you achieve it. On top of our ongoing training programmes, you can use your £200 annual development fund on any training courses of your choice. We guarantee you’ll learn loads, and develop both personally and professionally at Sorted too.
- Your well-being matters: Private Health for everyone that works here including optical and dental cover. We also give you Life Assurance, and everyone has access to our employee assistance programme.
- Generous holiday allowance: How does 40 days per year sound? How about an extra day for your birthday also? You got it!
- Supporting your family: We offer qualifying Sorted employees of all genders a generous 20 weeks of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals.
- Work isn’t somewhere where you go, it is something that you do: Our roles are remote-first (within the UK), but our awesome Manchester and London offices are always free, should you ever want to pop in for a day, a meeting, or a drink. We have well-stocked fridges!
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do, and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Sorted wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. If there is anything you need to help you participate fully in the interview process, we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
Please Note: You will need to have the right to work in the UK. Also, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role
Come join us!