Space Forge is transforming return from space to deliver revolutionary experiments and products, for the benefit of humanity.
We are developing an end-to-end service for a satellite that can be launched into orbit, manufacture new materials, return independently, then be recovered, refurbished and relaunched. We have a highly qualified core team who are developing the technologies and business simultaneously and we are in need of a DevOps Engineer.
Ultimately we are looking for someone to join the Operations team we need to support our service, both on ground and in orbit, to achieve our goal of transforming return from space for the benefit of humanity.
The primary roles for this job are:
- Assisting with the onward development of development tools and infrastructure
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
Key areas of responsibility:
- Deploying updates and fixes
- Liaising with internal customers to understand requirements for internal systems
- Implementation and upkeep of CICD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) processes and tools within Space Forge
The Space Forge team is deliberately made from individuals who are adaptable and willing to learn new skills quickly. Therefore we are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is willing and able to adapt to the requirements asked of them whilst maintaining a good level of output quality. Additionally as a start-up, staff are sometimes asked to assist with duties beyond their nominal job description and we are looking for candidates who are happy to step up and try something new when needed.
- 3 years experience of AWS (in past 3 years)
- 3 years experience of CICD practices
- Unity testing automation
We are looking for people who are willing to work hard, think logically, have high energy levels, respect others’ abilities and ultimately have an unending appetite to learn a large number of new skills quickly. Space Forge is committed to making super-powered teams of diverse individuals in all senses of the term, therefore women are strongly encouraged to apply and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Why Space Forge?
We believe in a future where our most polluting industries are moved off planet, built for sustainability, and returned back to Earth for the benefit of all. Space is the next step for our manufacturing needs.
Salary range: £43,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
At Space Forge, we believe in creating the best possible workplace that suits every single person that joins us.
- Flexible working environment, work from where you like in the UK unless you need to be in the office, our remote work equipment is high spec too
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension scheme at 4% matched
- Charity or cause you’re passionate about? Up to 5 volunteering days a year to support the things closest to you and make an impact
- Super cool brand new office and factory - the coffee is on us (and it’s certified carbon neutral too, our snazzy machine does anything from the humble americano to a superb flat white)
- Pizza pay day - okay, it’s not always pizza, but if you’re at the office on pay day, lunch is on us
- We’re changing the way humanity builds, we think that’s exciting, and we want you to be excited about it too. That’s why we have an Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) so you can own part of our journey
- You’re the master of your own destiny. We offer every person at Space Forge a £1500 annual learning budget so you can choose the training or experiences to help you grow
- Your mental health is important! You’ll have access to Spill - an all-in-one mental health support platform offering completely anonymous therapy sessions to our whole team
- Working with a passionate, friendly and highly motivated team
- Maternity / Paternity benefits beyond statutory
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and that starts with hiring diversely. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Space Forge.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Space Forge, please do let us know when you apply.
Our Application Process
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent and we take it very seriously. We want to give you time to learn about us while we get to know you. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
For this role, we have a two-stage interview process:
- 45-minute Culture and Values video call interview with 2 members of our team
- 60-minute Technical video call interview related to specific needs of the role with 2 members of the team you'll be most closely working with
The closing date for this role is Monday 19th September but we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will be contacting candidates for interview as they apply.