Director of Product Design
🇺🇸 USA Only
Splash is a leading digital lending platform that helps borrowers easily shop and compare financial products from a Splash-powered network of lenders. By bringing credit unions and banks of all sizes into one shopping experience, and utilizing our proprietary automated underwriting platform, Splash aims to help people save thousands of dollars in interest payments.
Splash has raised over $60 million in venture capital, recently completing a $44 million Series B round from partners of DST Global, Citi Ventures, Detroit Venture Partners, CMFG Ventures and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures. Over the past 18 months, Splash has tripled in size to around 170 people and we’re looking for incredibly talented and passionate team members to join in our mission to make people more powerful than their debt.
About the Role
The Director of Product Design will lead a team of Product Designers and Product Design Leads who are focused on delivering unbeatable experiences to Splash’s borrowers and lenders. This role will be the Design link with company leadership - creating the Design structure, process, and culture that deliver consistent customer value across different products.
This is a unique opportunity to join at an early stage of a Design team and drive your own unique vision. Along with your peers in Product and Engineering, you will set out a vision for our products, hire the talent we need to get there, acquire the tools for success, and set up the right organization. Plan on inspiring teams to constantly innovate, experiment, learn and have fun doing it.
What will you do at Splash?
· Interface with senior leadership to both influence strategy and translate strategy into Design tenets
· Lead a team of Product Designers and Product Leads across different product types - all with complex UX and UI challenges to solve
· Set up the right organization and hire the right people to fulfill your vision of creating a great culture of Design
· Champion and guide usability research, and inform teams to make better products
· Be the leader of Design thinking and process, always growing and inspiring your team to bring Design leadership to their teams
· Acquire the right suite of tools to be successful
What makes you a good fit?
· Having the highest levels of autonomy over a product and ownership of outcomes
· Environments of high candor and feedback so we all grow together
· Acquiring constant customer feedback to iterate and improve your products
· Openly sharing what you have learned, both good and bad
· Working with a passionate team to solve complex problems
What makes you stand out as a candidate?
· Have at least 5+ years of Design experience, especially in eComm or FinTech
· Have worked with autonomous pods shipping and experimenting frequently
· Have built and managed design teams and have a crisp perspective how to organize team
· Savor the opportunity to be the face of design across a growing company
· Love coaching and mentoring
Employment at Splash is based on individual merit. Opportunities are open to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, handicap, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or other irrelevant factors. Splash is an equal opportunity employer.