Senior Data Modeler
RoleAll Other Remote
- At Starschema we believe that data has the power to change the world and data-driven organizations are leading the way. We help organizations use data to make better business decisions, build smarter products, and deliver more value for their customers, employees and investors. We dig into our customers' toughest business problems, design solutions and build the technology needed to address today's unique challenges.
What you can expect as a Starschema team member
- As a member of the Starschema team, you will be on the front lines of digital transformation, working with some of the most innovative Fortune 500 companies to drive innovation and realize the promise of data-driven cultures. You will learn and use the latest data-centric technologies along with the core industry technologies.
- Our team is inclusive and fun. While we take our work seriously, we know how to have a good time while doing so. We encourage everyone to share their opinions and ideas, and our leadership wants to hear everyone's input no matter what role they play in the organization.
Your future at Starschema
- You may have heard that Starschema has been acquired by HCL Technologies. While we have new ownership, our immediate leadership will not change, and we will function as a self-directed operating unit. This ownership change will enable Starschema to grow at an unprecedented rate and this means many career advancement opportunities for all our team members. We will not only have more operating resources to draw upon, but also have a broad array of excellent training programs — from highly technical to everyday soft skills to leadership and everything in between. We've always have had a culture of "never stop learning" and we're now taking that to the next level.
- We are looking for a Senior Data Modeler to participate in remodeling activities of a critical consumption layer. The current data model is denormalized, served from a Snowflake database, and fed through multiple database layers and ETL pipelines. The final data consumption happens through a logical model (views).
The project aims to build a new standard model on top of Snowflake. The new solution has to map similar data into the same model tables through data analysis and modeling activities. The final model has to serve the new consumption layer (logical or physical, based on performance and usage requirements - part of phase 2).
In this position you will be responsible:
- Design, develop and support data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting systems to build an integrated data model.
- Create extract, transform, and load processes (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using various traditional and large-scale distributed data systems.
- Analyze existing reports, interpretation, and implementation on the integrated data model.
- Maintenance of existing reports based on business specifications.
- Data model design, development, and maintenance.
- Apply best practices for database and query performance optimization.
- Daily written and oral communication with the clients, other developers, infrastructure, and support teams.
- Strong proficiency in SQL programming, query writing, query performance tuning, and database technologies.
- Strong experience in Data Modeling and ETL pipelines. Experience writing and maintaining ETLs that operate on various structured and unstructured sources.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral).
- Ability to manage parallel tasks.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience in working within projects.
- Intelligent, communicative, team-player personality, who is interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
- Experience in Python, Azure Cloud or Snowflake
What's In It For You:
Home Office: In this position, you can work remotely from Hungary.
Benefits & Community:
A healthy lifestyle and the feeling of belonging are important to us, for both body and mind. We provide:
- Medicover health insurance (with yearly check-ups)
- BKV pass or parking space
- Unlimited Life1 gym pass (for any Life1 gym in Budapest) or gym pass reimbursement in Szeged
- Company mobile phone and subscription (for personal use also)
- Company laptop
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – an independent, third-party counseling service that you can call 24/7
- Online English class once a week
- Professional & soft skill trainings
- Referral bonus when you successfully bring in a friend for an open position
- Baby bonus for the primary caregiver, paternity leave for the secondary caregiver, baby box for newborns
- Lots and lots of fruit in the office
- Free massage in the office (biweekly)
- Online yoga once a week
- Soccer court for our Starschema football team
- A hiking community that goes on hiking and bicycle trips
- Active social life – frequent organized and impromptu drinks, food and music
- Professional community events on a regular basis
- Dog-friendly office in terms of facilities and people
- Birthday holiday - an additional day off for you to relax and enjoy the most precious day in the year
Compensation range: We are looking for a Senior Data Modeler colleague to join our team. The range for this position is approximately gross 1.100.000 - 1.450.000 HUF per month. The final amount in your offer will depend on your expertise and professional experience.
You might also want to know:
- Start Date: The sooner the better, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it is still fine, we will wait for the right person!
1. Phone conversation with one of our Recruiters - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. Online test via Hackerrank - You will have to fill out our SQL test (it takes approximately 2 hours).
3. Video interview with the experts on the team. They will tell you more about the position, and you will also talk about your professional background.
4. You will be invited to an in-person interview to meet with the Delivery Lead and HR Business Partner.
If you like what you have read, submit your application now!
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved