QA Backend Engineer
Stellar (fka Introvoke) is the only embeddable live event solution for integrated branded experiences. Our plug-and-play components allow any organization to turn their website into a digital stage. We empower brands of all sizes to create meaningful live event series, conferences, community platforms, employee engagement tools, and so much more right within their own websites. Companies of all sizes from startups to large enterprises like HP, Comcast NBC Universal, TIME, Barclays are choosing Stellar to realize their live communication strategies. Stellar is backed by top-tier VCs like Struck Capital and amazing angels from TIME, Allbirds, Hubspot and Resy.
Stellar is a San Francisco based company, but with a permanently remote global team. At Stellar we are not only committed to our company's growth, but also to our team culture and development since we are strong believers that the greatest companies are built by happy humans.
Our engineering team is made up of senior and principal engineers with extensive experience in building products. Our product is used by tens of thousands of concurrent users with 16 data centers around the world providing low-latency for any live interaction on the globe. We want great engineers to join our team and continue to build the next generation of live communication.
We are seeking a talented QA Backend Engineer that will integrate directly with the backend development team. The QA Engineer will have a deep understanding of our products from both end-user and developer perspectives. You will work together with the engineering team, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automations especially in the infrastructure, devops and API services.
Our products and portfolio are rapidly expanding, and we are excited to meet the challenges of scale, performance, efficiency, and reliability. You have the ability to influence a product from its beginning and scale our solution to millions of active users as we build the world's best live communication components.
- Ability to understand business requirements and formulate test plans at different levels
- Building and Maintaining Test Suites of automated and manual tests built around the core functionality of the large scale distributed platforms.
- Experience with automated testing
- Designing and executing performance and load tests
- Understanding of TCP/IP based network protocol including but not limited to HTTP/HTTPS, gRPC, GraphQL, WebRTC, REST etc.
- Familiarity with one or more major public cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Familiar with one or more DevOps tools - AWS Codebuild, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Travis CI, GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with integrating testing within CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Automated test tools - Selenium, Rainforest, Cypress, Appium
- API testing tools - Postman, SoapUI, ApiGee, JMeter
- Developer Testing: Jest, Supertest, JUnit, xUnit
- Create sample web based applications for exercising API and demonstrations
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays) - 25 paid vacation days per year because we believe time off is crucial to your overall happiness and wellbeing.
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home - We’ve been remote-first since 2019 and we know what it means to develop and support a permanently remote, global team.
- Co-working membership so that you can have a change of scenery.
- Competitive Salary & Stock Option Plan - You grow as the company grows.
- Free Food & Snacks - Yes, even remote we might send you a coffee or snack subscription.
- Best in class technology - In addition to a top-of-the-line work laptop, you’ll get a great home office set-up or a co-working membership in your city.
- Training & Development
- We’ll support your professional growth - That includes sending you to events that interest you, exposing you to areas of the business you want to explore, and more.