Senior Android Developer
RoleAll Other Remote
Time zones: GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
ð¸ Â£65-85k per annum (or PLN/EUR equivalent) salary on a full time, permanent contract
ð Edinburgh office or fully remote working from anywhere in the UK or Europe!
ð 33 Days Paid Leave
â¨ Exciting products, millions of users, sold to global brands
ð» M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent
ð¡ All the latest software and productivity tools you'll need
Storm Ideas work with globally-recognised clients in the US TV industry on extraordinary digital and marketing projects. Every day we produce work that is innovative, challenging and enjoyed by millions of people!
We're looking for an amazing Senior Android Developer to join our growing team and help push our products on to the next 100 million users. You'll be working with the latest technologies across Kotlin using the latest equipment of your choice.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
What can you expect?
- Responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- Understanding business objectives and how to fulfil them
- A standard-bearer and example for code quality in the company
- Executing tasks proactively with no brief
- Working with other team leads to ensure company-wide cohesion and efficiency
- Working with non-technical team members to increase the overall technical output of the company
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Liaising with project management colleagues when technical input is required
- Learning, utilising and improving our DevOps processes and tools to enable rapid delivery
- Eliminating technical debt
- Fixing emergency software defects and sharing what was learned from the failure
- Helping to define the technical architecture for products
- Producing software reused by developers by contributing to our SDK
Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Take full responsibility for the output of a development team
- Be responsible for quality of team via reviewing/feedback, mentoring and recruiting
- Define success and how it will be measured, creating plans and roadmaps as needed
- Prioritise team members' workload
- Lead on client communication and delivery where required
What's important to us:
- Experience using Kotlin or Java
- Experience using Rest APIs
- Experience using Git
- Experience using ViewModels, Coroutines and RxJava
- 5 years' commercial experience
What's nice to have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
- Experience with Unit Testing / Testing frameworks in general
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience using Good OO practices
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- An active Github profile
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Modern tech stack
We adopt the latest technologies - .NET 5 (moving to .NET 6 right now!), Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, Hangfire, Azure, Terraform on the backend and React, Redux, SASS on the frontend, Swift and Kotlin on mobile - constantly looking for the best tools and solutions.
Openness for ideas
We actively encourage the team to share their ideas, and we're enormously proud to adopt improvements, you're the specialist here!
We believe that great teams are built by a mixture of personality and skills, we're an international team with more than 100 people onboard, the technical team counts around 30 specialists, and half of them are senior developers. We're looking for people with a passion for what they do - just be yourself!
60-70% of our daily tasks are new features development, we care a lot about quality assurance, that's why we enlarge our QA team.
We provide you with a high-end laptop, M1 MacBook Pro or Windows as well as your own choice monitors, headphones, keyboard, mouse and whatever you need to feel comfortable at work.
We're a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am. Joining Storm means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we're physically working.
First, you will be invited for a 30-minute pre-interview via Zoom. We usually ask about your previous experience, future career path and motivation for changing your job, as well as provide you with more details about our projects and working in our team.
If the interview goes well, we will invite you to a second step - a technical interview (60 minutes via Zoom). During the meeting, Filip, Android Engineering Manager, asks about your technical capabilities plus anything not covered in the pre-interview, and at the same time answers all your questions. The next step is a technical task. The last step is the final interview (60 minutes) with Filip and Dave, our CTO - it's a mix of technical and culture-fit questions.
And that's it!
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved